• Staff apps are open! Interested? Read here for more information!
  • As of 17th December 2018, MarioKartBoards Staff have been in communication with Lounge Staff to enable any alting within a lounge environment to result in an indefinite site ban.
  • Embrace The Change is a LAN tournament intending to be located in Cambridge, England. It will have a focus on MK8DX but also an MKWii setup. Interested? Find out more here!
  • Exalt is a Mario Kart Wii themed LAN Tournament to be hosted in New York, USA. Interested in coming along? Find out all the information here!
  • Lacuna is a pay to play tournament on Mario Kart Wii happening May 25th. Interested? Find out more here!

Abortion

Rush

Supporter
Team
υτ / v¢
For all new to this section of the forums, this subforum is made to create controversy - so please don’t hold back on sharing your thoughts

Also, site rules still apply here, so be kind :)

My thoughts on abortion are more-or-less “unfavorable”. I’m pro life, where under any circumstance, the birth of a fetus is terminated. The reason why i feel this way is because of how inhuman it is. To take a life because the mother agrees things would be better if the child’s life was never lived is blasphemy . This goes for any circumstance, including rape. I don’t care where the child goes after the birth, as long as the fetuses isn’t terminated. There are many alternative routes where both lives are intact.

Accidental (Married) —> Keep the Child / Orphanage
Accidental (Teenage) —> Orphange / Keep if you really want to, have adult family members watch the kid
Accidental (Hookup) —> Keep the Child / Orphange
Financially Unstable —> Orphange
“Didn’t want anymore” —> Keep it
Rape (18+) —> Orphange
Rape (Minor) —> Orphange
Rape (Minor under 10) —> Honestly these don’t happen, it’s mostly just sexual assaults, but we maybe can start thinking about pro choice(?)

I won’t go too much more in depth to keep the rest up to debate.

Last edited:

merc?

υnτouchable.
WL Staff
EL Staff
Team
υτ
Ok finally someone revived this sub. Thank fuck.

In regards to the topic I feel that if the mother is at risk of physical impairment or death, she should have the right to abort the fetus. In regards to an accidental teen pregnancy, I feel if it’s detected early enough, as in, you can’t make out any specific features like a head or limbs; in short it hasn’t shown much development, then if carrying and birthing a child would potentially be detrimental to the mother’s future, she should either A: Be able to abort the child, or B: Give custody of her child to her legal guardian as to let it have as normal of an upbringing as possible without hindering her own transition and progression. In short, I’m pro life in most given circumstances, except those where you can potentially lose multiple lives through childbirth. The only other place I see abortion as a viable option is if the future mother was raped. My general reasoning for this is that the mother never consented to unprotected sex with the man who impregnated her and she didn’t have a say as to whether she wanted a child in the first place. As well as her not knowing whether or not the “father” would support her and the baby financially. This would be the only other scenario where I would make an acception to what I stated above and given its circumstances I’d assume its understood why limitaions should be as such.

Nozzles

Arise and be, all that you dreamed
Supporter
NNID
Nozzles
infinite up arrows to what mr knee said. are these really needed... looks so odd to see threads pop up like this when every other thread is related to the game
To be fair, a good portion of the nodes on the forum do not relate directly to the game at all. This thread is also no more non-Mario Kart related than other threads such as "Claim your Waifu" or "What Music are you listening to?," which feature on the front page quite frequently, if not several times daily -- Thus, that point doesn't really stand to be fairly used. Furthermore, diversity of content is a good thing; but with said-diverse content being present, that does not imply that anyone unwilling to participate has to participate, just ignore the thread.

Smoke

Supporter
Team
λρocalypse
NNID
Smoke96x
Abortion is one of the most difficult moral debates humanity has.. On one hand, it feels pretty ridiculous to force a mother into a 9 month pregnancy if she doesn't want nor can afford to give the child a proper life... on the other hand, generally all scientists have agreed that life actually begins shortly after the zygote it formed.. which is just days after fertilization. The heart however, a more generally accepted start of life happens between 5 and 7 weeks. Therefore, It is very troubling to consider abortion at any point of the pregnancy if you are thinking about the child's right to live as well.

I generally concede that outlawing abortion would make things worse for the mother and baby. With historically gruesome methods of illegal abortion, I really dont want humanity to go back down that route. Overall, I really wished that females and males would use proper protection during sex, including birth control and condoms to prevent something like this from even happening.

I'm pro life and religious, but ultimately it is the mothers choice to make, here on Earth. It's very unfortunate this is the way things are... but abortion should remain legal up until 12 weeks when arguments are that the child can start to feel pain. I strongly dislike seeing abortion trending culturally as something to be celebrated and dehumanizing these babies in the womb up to birth like in New York and the potential bill from Virginia. Sickening and barbaric really..

simo

WL Staff
EL Staff
wherever Jadid is from, since i'm basically him
Team
Tossicodipendenti
Wiimmfi
4472-7682-6881
Alright, my thought on this is really simple but coincided: in my opinion, the only case where abortion can be something of acceptable, is if it's a conseguence to a rape, or if it wasn't in the female's intentions to get pregnant... otherwise, no matter what, she keeps the baby.

Aditya~

EL Staff
Team
λρocalypse, Regicide
Wiimmfi
0861-6009-1404
Alright, my thought on this is really simple but coincided: in my opinion, the only case where abortion can be something of acceptable, is if it's a conseguence to a rape, or if it wasn't in the female's intentions to get pregnant... otherwise, no matter what, she keeps the baby.
True, but it not being her "intention to get pregnant" is quite hard to prove, right? I feel if you base it that way, it's rather subjective and relies on specific intentions which could be twisted in court for instance if implemented...

I generally agree with what @Smoke said earlier; there needs to be proper education on contraceptives and sex education needs to be encouraged in all schools... this would already prevent many cases of abortion by itself (excluding rape cases ofc).

Team
Infinite
imo abortion is perfectly acceptable if it wasn't in the girls control to get pregnant. even if a mistake was made i don't think they should be punished by being forced into parenthood. so yea ig you could call me a murderer :confused: also maybe make a seperate section of mkboards where these serious topics can be discussed.

if i could post just a picture of some type of protection or birth control without having a chance to get banned i would....

For me personally, im pro-life. For a lot of the reasons stated above, i think that regardless it shouldnt be someones right to take another "life" *ill mention why i have quotes around this* because they were careless. obviously there are some special situations such as rape, but they're special situations for a reason. they arent the main cause or factor for me. (example from this community: the cause for non-ctgp only. A special case of x person isnt actually able to afford a wii when most of the community either lives under a family with decent income or has a job themselves)
* i say "life" in quotations, because i think the main argument to this topic is whether the embryo (in some cases fetus) is actually a human life. i dont think many condone murder

Honestly, theres videos out there that explain much of my thought process on this topic that im not able to describe in words on a post, ben shapiro conveys thoughts pretty well using facts and is popular among a lot of people so i would recommend watching something with him in it as it is probably the highest quality explanation. (yes i did just use ben shapiro unironically)

Other arguments for abortion are: the child will not be in a stable household ect, and will end up not being productive to society or become a delinquent. To that, obviously living in non stable household has a higher chance of raising a less productive offspring (to add, single parent homes) but you cant really account for something before a birth because there was no life, although the chances are higher you havent actually given a chance. again, rushed explanation as i typed this in about 5 minutes and my heads in a fog, but hopefully that conveys some decent thoughts lol.

tl;dr use protection kids

Last edited:
these same pro lifers are the ones complaining about how black culture is toxic and that we need to get rid of the ghettos and shit like that. Well here’s a fun fact, many of these gang members were born without daddies and the mothers wanted abortions but weren’t allowed. Abortions solve many problem including lifting the burden of carrying a baby for 9 months but ye whatever Jesus Christ and that bullshit is still a thing so we as society will never move on

Team
KG
cases where the mother/baby's life is at risk or where the pregnancy is consequence of rape are the minority. most of the cases are women willingly killing a baby cause they're not willing to afford the consequences of their actions. no, abortion shouldnt be allowed at all except for those rare cases i mentioned. women often say "its my body". yeah, bullshit. you're also carrying another body, another life, an innocent creature who has the right to live and isnt at fault for your irresponsibility

in short: no, and it should also be considered a crime

hahaha it should be considered a crime the same way jaywalking is a crime. these kids who are born without support and family to rely on end up on the streets or in gangs that kill hundreds more. But yeah let’s save a baby that will most likely be depressed and grow up in shelter homes and commit crimes because it’s morally correct!!!!! Wake the fuck up. Stop living in ur bubble of “morality.” The world isn’t moral and it will never be. I’d even argue that abortion is even more moral to the family,mother, and those who will be killed by the gangs that these nonaborted babies will join. But ye I guess it’s morally correct to save one baby and have that baby kill other people through gangs when he grows older! :):):);):love:

Team
KG
hahaha it should be considered a crime the same way jaywalking is a crime. these kids who are born without support and family to rely on end up on the streets or in gangs that kill hundreds more. But yeah let’s save a baby that will most likely be depressed and grow up in shelter homes and commit crimes because it’s morally correct!!!!! Wake the fuck up. Stop living in ur bubble of “morality.” The world isn’t moral and it will never be. I’d even argue that abortion is even more moral to the family,mother, and those who will be killed by the gangs that these nonaborted babies will join. But ye I guess it’s morally correct to save one baby and have that baby kill other people through gangs when he grows older! :):):);):love:
then the ones to blame those who werent responsible enough to prevent giving life to a child without having the resources to raise him properly

"the world isnt moral and it will never be" LOL no wonder so many people see murdering babies as a good thing these days

then the ones to blame those who werent responsible enough to prevent giving life to a child without having the resources to raise him properly

"the world isnt moral and it will never be" LOL no wonder so many people see murdering babies as a good thing these days
Get off ur high horse. Regardless of who’s fault it really is, abortion has numerous benefits and the only counter that pro lifers use is “it’s morally incorrect” when the statistic prove otherwise. If you provide me with concrete facts as to why abortion is a negative, I’m willing to listen. But if you use subjective opionions, I refuse to listen since the facts say otherwise.

Last edited:

WL Staff
Supporter
Team
Succeed or Perish
I don't understand anyone who is completely against abortion, abortion is completely acceptable up until at least 13 weeks where a fetus can feel pain nor have a consciousnesses, so at least up until that point the fetus wouldn't even know it existed, nor feel any pain in the process.

Also to reply to OP, what about women who's lives would be in danger from childbirth? What about children who would be born with severe mental and physical disabilities, who would be born into a life of pain and suffering? Why should a woman (or a child) who has been through the trauma of rape, be forced to be punished with an unwanted pregnancy or childbirth, when an abortion could easily be done under the 13 week threshold? If a teen accidentally gets pregnant, why should they be forced to have their education ruined for 9 months when they (once again) could get an abortion in under 13 weeks?

Are pro life people really gonna tell me that if a 5 year old child, and 10 fetus's were in a burning building, and they could only save one of them, they would truthfully say that they'd let the living child die?

also this is the thread where the edgelords shine
on both sides

Last edited:
Team
KG
Get off ur high horse. Regardless of who’s fault it really is, abortion has numerous benefits and the only counter that pro lifers use is “it’s morally correct” when the statistic prove otherwise. If you provide me with concrete facts as to why abortion is a negative, I’m willing to listen. But if you use subjective opionions. I refuse to listen since they are factually incorrect.
>implying you've provided any fact or statistic at all other than assuming a baby raised in a poor familly is destined to become a mass murderer

yeah, the high benefit of, not only killing an innocent, but also the potential physical and psychological damage it can cause to the women. then again, you want stats? its as easy as typing "negative consequences of abortion" on google. have a good read

I don't understand anyone who is completely against abortion, abortion is completely acceptable up until at least 13 weeks where a fetus can feel pain nor have a consciousnesses, so at least up until that point the fetus wouldn't even know it existed, nor feel any pain in the process.

Also to reply to OP, what about women who's lives would be in danger from childbirth? What about children who would be born with severe mental and physical disabilities, who would be born into a life of pain and suffering? Why should a woman (or a child) who has been through the trauma of rape, be forced to be punished with an unwanted pregnancy or childbirth, when an abortion could easily be done under the 13 week threshold? If a teen accidentally gets pregnant, why should they be forced to have their education ruined for 9 months when they (once again) could get an abortion in under 13 weeks?
conscious or not, its still a human life, and he has the same right to live as we do
minority of the cases, as i said before. rare exceptions that id agree to allow

Are pro life people really gonna tell me that if a 5 year old child, and 10 fetus's were in a burning building, and they could only save one of them, they would truthfully say that they'd let the living child die?
unoriginal overused argument. saving the 5 y/o kid wouldnt be denying the fetus' life, itd be mere survival instinct. admitting the great worth of born people doesnt mean denying the worth of those who havent been born yet

>implying you've provided any fact or statistic at all other than assuming a baby raised in a poor familly is destined to become a mass murderer

yeah, the high benefit of, not only killing an innocent, but also the potential physical and psychological damage it can cause to the women. then again, you want stats? its as easy as typing "negative consequences of abortion" on google. have a good read

conscious or not, its still a human life, and he has the same right to live as we do
minority of the cases, as i said before. rare exceptions that id agree to allow

unoriginal overused argument. saving the 5 y/o kid wouldnt be denying the fetus' life, itd be mere survival instinct. admitting the great worth of born people doesnt mean denying the worth of those who havent been born yet
But in all seriosness, if you actually took time to do research instead of blindly following what other people say, it’s fairly easy to find actual statstics. If you are that lazy and don’t wanna do it urself, I’d be more than willing to give you a data dump on this topic. Don’t @ me child.

Last edited by a moderator:

Daylie

Demon-Scythe Child
WL Staff
EL Staff
Lounge Staff
Supporter
Team
Euphoria
NNID
mkdaylon
Switch
5244-9753-1222
Wiimmfi
3785-5733-8379
Get off ur high horse. Regardless of who’s fault it really is, abortion has numerous benefits and the only counter that pro lifers use is “it’s morally incorrect” when the statistic prove otherwise. If you provide me with concrete facts as to why abortion is a negative, I’m willing to listen. But if you use subjective opionions, I refuse to listen since the facts say otherwise.
Numerous benefits being? The only benefits remotely knowledgeable would be if the mothers healthy was in danger and holding a baby isn’t viable for her or if her financial stability could not keep the child. Morally incorrect is far from being the only substantial reason that pro lifers use, terminating a child can leave psychological scars on the mother, higher rates of anxiety, depression, drug abuse and suicidal tendencies compared to a woman who has not had an abortion.

@Noob
i dont think you're 100% wrong by any means, im sure some think you are. You are more likely to end up in the slums, ghettos, ect live a poorer life in misery if you're born into a family with a single mother/father or unstable household. Any pro-lifer who wants to dispute this go ahead, this is just from the studies ive read and i think is pretty common knowledge. But where i think you going into a grey area for me is saying this is definite, i dont think anyone should be able to dictate whether a life will be successful or not as that life had not happened. theoretically that means i shouldve led a miserable life because i spent a good portion of my childhood living in a poor area in philly. I personally am a special case because im out of that situation, but i do carry baggage where i can see your point, but even then id say im in a situation to succeed. Its anyones dream to make it out of the hood, i think denying someone the chance to do so isnt morally correct (unless its a special case where the mother isnt safe rape ect) as that would be directly effecting another life to which the mother actually had intent on either keeping the baby or had no intent on even having intercourse in the first place.

Also, to bring up the point about pro-lifers being on their high-horse and morals ect, you have to realize the subject at hand. abortion is a reality right now, but many people are pushing to further society as close to a utopia as possible. I think its hard to argue for the world to be worse than better. Regardless of what you label the term abortion with as murder or whatever, you have to agree that embryos develop and turn into a human life, and aborting it means it in a sense, never had the opportunity to live. My own personal viewpoint on abortion is really mixed, and i can see both sides of the coin as i used to be pro abortion, but i feel like at some point people have to take responsibility for their actions, and raise a kid who wakes up crying every morning for months, and to carry the baby for the 40 weeks or whatever.

also im not religious, just wanted to bring that up. if i missed anything you said ill try to respond as best as possible from my viewpoint, and i know you have a few others also responding to you

Numerous benefits being? The only benefits remotely knowledgeable would be if the mothers healthy was in danger and holding a baby isn’t viable for her or if her financial stability could not keep the child. Morally incorrect is far from being the only substantial reason that pro lifers use, terminating a child can leave psychological scars on the mother, higher rates of anxiety, depression, drug abuse and suicidal tendencies compared to a woman who has not had an abortion.
tf? It’s not like we are forcing mothers to get abortions. Further more, please give me exact percentages because I’m almost 100% sure that ur pulling bs out of ur ass. I highly doubt that these percentages are relevant cause if they were, every pro lifer would be pointing to these and ur the first one I’ve heard use these points. Don’t @ me kid.

Last edited: