• Due to a sudden update in the Wiimmfi system (11/11/2018), it is required to update your load method and/or patch in order to be allowed to play. Please read this page for more information.
  • Staff apps are open! Interested? Read here for more information!
  • Interested in giving your opinions on VR Search on Wiimmfi? Fill in a community-made form here!

CTGP lagging when played on a gen 1 Wii (console with Gamecube emulation)

Aodhok

I downloaded and installed CTGP on my Wii last night and as I was playing with my sister on the new maps, I noticed that there was a lot of slowdown on some of the larger maps and especially when I rebooted the game with item rain on. I am curious if this is a multiplayer mode problem or is it the fact that my Wii is about 10 years old. If you guys have any suggestions on how to make the console run the mod better, it would be great.

I do also have a Wii U and am curious if the mod would run better on that.

Thanks,
Aodhok

hxrii

EL Staff
Team
4 Dark Racers / Error Code 20102
Wiimmfi
0907-9469-8667
it's 30FPS on Item Rain with more then 6 players, and for the lag on bigger maps, i believe that's your wii

OP
OP
Aodhok

Aodhok

Alright, thanks. I think it could have been due to local multiplayer either. I have no idea

hxrii

EL Staff
Team
4 Dark Racers / Error Code 20102
Wiimmfi
0907-9469-8667
yeah, with local multiplayer normally it would be 30FPS, and (correct me if i'm wrong) it's 15 FPS with item rain on local multiplayer

~Maidvelia❤~

This is The Beginning of The End
WL Staff
Supporter
Team
HD☆, U★
NNID
Maidvelia
Wiimmfi
4297-4674-3102
3 or more local players is 29.97 FPS.
7 or more racers is 29.97 FPS when item rain is enabled.
1 or 2 local players without item rain should be 59.94 FPS.

If you aren't getting these behaviors, try turning off any texture hacks. If the error still persists, clean your disc. If that does not solve it, you may need a new Wii.