• Staff apps are open! Interested? Read here for more information!
  • As of 17th December 2018, MarioKartBoards Staff have been in communication with Lounge Staff to enable any alting within a lounge environment to result in an indefinite site ban.
  • Embrace The Change is a LAN tournament intending to be located in Cambridge, England. It will have a focus on MK8DX but also an MKWii setup. Interested? Find out more here!
  • Exalt is a Mario Kart Wii themed LAN Tournament to be hosted in New York, USA. Interested in coming along? Find out all the information here!
  • Lacuna is a pay to play tournament on Mario Kart Wii happening May 25th. Interested? Find out more here!

CUP [ TRACK SELECTION ] ICONS FIX

mkwbenjamin

periodt
Supporter
Switch
2872-9308-0601
Wiimmfi
5117-0125-4985
disclaimer - I did not originally create this fix. All credits go to ctlgmb mkw for possibly creating the original, and at least for releasing it.
the video with the download link I used can be found here, and other examples of the
messed up icons consist of this (0:22), this (0:48), and this (1:57).
again, I did not create the fix, I just edited the files, which is not hard at all. all thanks goes to the original creator.
explanation:

when you download CTGP-R, a orange and black menu theme is used in all menus, including track selection. If you try to edit​
the menu files in any way, the icons for the cups and arrows become messed up, and random mixes/collages of textures​
already in the file replace them, making it hard to navigate and select tracks.​
with this MenuSingle.szs file, the single player menu (online and off) is restored to the original blue​
and white look from MKW, with the cup's images and arrows still intact and functioning properly.​

If you preferred the orange theme or have a theme of your own, you can certainly edit this file (if you know how) without the
fear of messing up the cups. If you do not know how and would like to, simple reply to this thread (or pm me) with what you want
to change and I will try to explain how to in the simplest of terms, or do it myself if you would prefer, when i can get around to doing so.

you can also just use this to make your own custom cup icons if you know how to edit the file lmao

[ MenuSingle - Single Player Menu ]
download link

[ MenuMulti - Multiplayer Menu ]
download link
converted from mkboards // posted by mkwbenjamin

Last edited:
OP
OP
mkwbenjamin

mkwbenjamin

periodt
Supporter
Switch
2872-9308-0601
Wiimmfi
5117-0125-4985
note: cup icon images might be out of date? not 100% sure, but I probably wont be able to fix it soon, or at all, because it would be... painful

edit: I looked into it and it probably wouldn't actually be that painful, but I still have to check if they're out of date though...

another edit: they're not out of date yet, so case closed for now ig

Last edited:
OP
OP
mkwbenjamin

mkwbenjamin

periodt
Supporter
Switch
2872-9308-0601
Wiimmfi
5117-0125-4985
@FancyWheelies2Win

no, not I at least. I have no idea what the original creator did.

I was watching this video and I noticed something unusual. This person had a edited menusingle file, but their cup icons were totally fine! Even though they were numbers and not the original ctgp icons, I knew that if I found the files that controlled this, and be able to put them in a different menusingle file, I would have a "fix" to my issue. I also ended up having a picture of the icons that were used at one point before (from god knows where), so I replaced the numbers with them.

This file is over a year old, so i'm not 100% sure what files I replaced, but I'm sure if you look in the file they'll stick out (if you're familiar with a completely clean version), because most of the files relating to the fix are called like "ct_icons" or something.

OP
OP
mkwbenjamin

mkwbenjamin

periodt
Supporter
Switch
2872-9308-0601
Wiimmfi
5117-0125-4985
@FancyWheelies2Win they're quite small If I remember correctly, they all are in one long vertical row. I'l have to check and get back to you with the specifics.

may I ask why you're wondering?

There is a problem with your character icons in the szs, as they are 32x32 when they should be 64x64. I wan't to add custom character images in the menu, but i cant as they are 64x64 and the icons in this are 32x32. pls fix