• Exalt is a Mario Kart Wii themed LAN Tournament to be hosted in New York, USA. Interested in coming along? Find out all the information here!
  • Donate to keep our site running in the future. For more information, click here

Error Code 85020

Team
BT ~ Blue Thunder / Ac★ ~ Ascension
Ever since the new Wiimmfi server I've had difficulties staying connected to the server. I can get on and join rooms with ease, but it never fails to eventually dc me. I can be in a ww and all other players will stop moving, leaving me to finish the race with their lifeless corpses. And once I finish, it'll sit waiting for results for a good five min. Finally the error code screen will come up: 85020. Every. Single. Time. I am quite confused as I have a wired connection, decent net as I just got a new router and modem, and analyzing wifi reveals it never spikes or drops. Additionally, I've tried inputting the ip and DNS manually to no avail, as well as setting up a DMZ, which didn't seem to work either. Might I add this happens on CTGP & patcher. Please help, want die

Last edited:
Try manually forwarding UDP 1024 to 65535. Theoretically, DMZ should solve that issue, but I've gotten 86420 with DMZ on, which means it doesn't always work properly for whatever reason, at least for me. It also might be because your firewall blocks NAT Types (I believe Wiimmfi uses NAT Type 4). You can fix this by enabling UPnP on your router settings.
If none of that works, I suggest setting up a VPN for your Wii. Message me on discord and I'll talk you through it if it comes to that ILoveSMB#0606

Last edited: