• Staff are currently aware of users being unable to register for the site; we are deeply sorry and working fast to help to fix it. Join the official MKB discord server here, make a support ticket, and provide your preferred email and username.
  • Donate to keep our site running in the future. For more information, click here
  • The Media Staff Team is recruiting and our applications are open! Check this thread for more details!
  • MarioKartBoards Media Outlets: YouTube // Twitch // 2nd Twitch // Twitter

Fix It.

~Maidvelia❤︎~

Unhinged.
Supporter
Team
UHDR7T7 - Maidvelia Serial Number
NNID
Maidvelia
Switch
4185-3145-7717
Wiimmfi
4297-4674-3102
- fix registration, can't really have a site without it? no idea why this isn't urgent priority #1
- have announcements on the site more than every 6 months
- update site's skin it's grossly outdated
- add proper site registry like MKC, google sheets are antiquated and aren't good for player transaction logging
- don't have a 14 and 15 year old carry a forum website, nothing against them but it takes an adult who's not at the forefront rn
- get admin that cares about Mario Kart 6 not only Mario Kart mobile (what happened to the person from "please get your fucking act together"? I miss him)
- EGtv I hope you have ideas to get something out of MKB cause rn this looks like a net loss
- integrate casuals better so game can grow (reach out to r/mariokart and r/mariokartwii, tons of users you're sleeping on)
- once casuals are integrated, encourage participation (casuals are generally creative and the right mix of casual-competitive like on mkw.com leads to liveliness)
- have environment where casuals can participate more easily (new leaders should be able to scrim without barriers to entry like only sui existing)
- game is stale as fuck, add variety (host tournaments for legacy and nonmeta formats once casuals have integrated, you don't need more than 1 room to fill to have these)
- kill "meme" Troy fan only stigma for formats that don't fit the modern meta, nonmeta and legacy meta have structure and are worth trying in
- expose players to something else other than 5v5 sui and mogi to keep game fresh
- cultivate a demographic that isn't *only* focused on competitive
- unkill your discord server it had so much potential dammit and can take the place of many of these ideas instead of forum threads
- crowdfund ctgp features, discord bots, site features, and anything you need to see from devs to improve the community
- staff should stop ghosting or shutting out users they don't like

Last edited:

Nozzles

Inactive member
Supporter
Team
Avail
NNID
Nozzles
Wiimmfi
0177-8005-5950
While these would be welcome additions, I think the likeliness of this forum having any sort of resurgence at this point is severely low. For instance, taking a look at the staff list, the majority of them have not even logged into the forum since December-February; so I can only imagine the liveliness of staff interaction itself is probably pretty lacking, as well. The fact that Beto or whoever is even paying for this forum to exist anymore is a mystery to me.

tobias

the actual likelihood of any of this being done is pretty much slim to none i think we all know this by now.

THEKRUSTYKRAB

Media Staff
Team
THEKRUSTYKRAB
NNID
THEKRUSTYKRAB
Switch
THEKRUSTYKRAB
Wiimmfi
THEKRUSTYKRAB

considering the dearth of active mkb staff i think it would be a good idea to actually open mkb staff applications just to bring fresh blood and give off a better impression that mkb cares about its site and the community. its apparent that much of the staff team (besides a few) just do not give a damn or arent willing to push ideas out. for example, some people who resigned from various positions long ago like lounge, mkps, ctl, etc still have those roles because staff isnt bothered enough to update it even tho id assume it only takes a few seconds. im aware that much of the playerbase isnt remotely close to invested on this site but that is largely due to the staff leaving the site out to dry, still though, its worth considering if you actually want this site alive and for your visions of the site to come close to being fulfilled.
i should also point out that this is the only thread in that subforum, and its not like applications get deleted if you just look at all the other application forums, so why did it exist in the first place if it never opened up? and then theres the fact that if you click the thread it states applications are open, so what the fuck went on here.

though this is also the site that still hasnt fixed its new registration issue, im not sure what is going on with that at all but the fact that its been going on for this long is beyond unacceptable.

winter

Administrator
Administrator
Media Staff
Team
Onslaught
Wiimmfi
3699-6781-9958
Team
ñ‒ñ, mü
Wiimmfi
2668-8830-6103
It's summer break 2021, we're gonna have these issues fixed, right?!

[In a month]

We're gonna have these issues fixed, right...