• Mario Kart 7 is back on Mario Kart Boards! Read more about it here!
  • As of 17th December 2018, MarioKartBoards Staff have been in communication with Lounge Staff to enable any alting within a lounge environment to result in an indefinite site ban.
  • The Lounge section is now open! With Season 3 starting, there's a dedicated site area here for more info!
  • The war arrangement bot for Discord has been released! Check this thread for more details!
  • Media Team is undergoing a significant amount of changes. Please read this thread for more information.

Ideal Offline Practice Mod Discussion

~Maidvelia~

Every day I'll fight to be Legendary
Administrator
WL Staff
Supporter
Team
U★, HD☆
NNID
Maidvelia
Switch
4185-3145-7717
Wiimmfi
4297-4674-3102
As the title suggests, what would be the ideal mod for driving and item practice offline?

Just something I thought of, after seeing this thread and this video:

Do you think "unbeatable CPUs" on top combos would be a fun way to practice? (i.e. Funky/Flame, Daisy/Mach)

Last edited:

simo

WL Staff
EL Staff
wherever Jadid is from, since i'm basically him
Team
Tossicodipendenti
Wiimmfi
4472-7682-6881
to be completely fair and honest, if one's intention is to play unbeatable CPU's, with "practicing" and "getting better at the game" as the final goals he's aiming at, he'd "simply" have to tt against wr/bkt ghosts, or top tier ghosts in general, or even just play tt's in the first place.

Id rather create a practice mode itself

In CSGO You can download practice maps for grenades and jumps you can make (the maps are made smaller and if you fail the jump you immediately respawn to try again)

It could also be helpful to create a "tutorial" for basic driving ingame that forces you to complete 30 basic driving tasks. It explains different terms within the tutorial

OP
~Maidvelia~

~Maidvelia~

Administrator
WL Staff
Supporter
Team
U★, HD☆
NNID
Maidvelia
Switch
4185-3145-7717
Wiimmfi
4297-4674-3102
Thread Starter #4
Id rather create a practice mode itself

In CSGO You can download practice maps for grenades and jumps you can make (the maps are made smaller and if you fail the jump you immediately respawn to try again)

It could also be helpful to create a "tutorial" for basic driving ingame that forces you to complete 30 basic driving tasks. It explains different terms within the tutorial
Now I want to rename this thread to something more broad you've got some cool ideas.

to be completely fair and honest, if one's intention is to play unbeatable CPU's, with "practicing" and "getting better at the game" as the final goals he's aiming at, he'd just "simply" have to tt against wr/bkt ghosts, or top tier ghosts in general.
Ghosts don't teach you how to use items when you're in a tough situation (mogi does but the focus is offline here). These "unbeatable CPUs" would be faster than the speed your vehicle would be able to drive at.

ow I want to rename this thread to something more broad you've got some cool ideas.
:geek:

I mean there are so many techs in this game that you cant really practice because its time consuming

(for example on GV, in order to practice the star-respawn you need to go back everytime and collect a star).

With tutorial maps you can just respawn in the cave, collect an item box that is modified and gives you a start and try again.

simo

WL Staff
EL Staff
wherever Jadid is from, since i'm basically him
Team
Tossicodipendenti
Wiimmfi
4472-7682-6881
Now I want to rename this thread to something more broad you've got some cool ideas.

Ghosts don't teach you how to use items when you're in a tough situation (mogi does but the focus is offline here). These "unbeatable CPUs" would be faster than the speed your vehicle would be able to drive at.
yeah, items-wise i gotta agree with you, but anyways now i'd actually be up if what Zed suggested were to be made for real, since that, to me, looks like a way more logical and productive solution.

OP
~Maidvelia~

~Maidvelia~

Administrator
WL Staff
Supporter
Team
U★, HD☆
NNID
Maidvelia
Switch
4185-3145-7717
Wiimmfi
4297-4674-3102
Thread Starter #7
:geek:

I mean there are so many techs in this game that you cant really practice because its time consuming

(for example on GV, in order to practice the star-respawn you need to go back everytime and collect a star).

With tutorial maps you can just respawn in the cave, collect an item box that is modified and gives you a start and try again.
Well right now the way I practice techs is with Arch's MKW Practice Build of Dolphin.

He made it so that Netplay works offline so you can add buffer to match Dolphin's input delay to your TV's. After that, you just use save states and practice to your heart's content.

In addition, he also optionally added a way to run the game at 30 FPS but at 200% speed to poll for inputs twice as much as normal but runs the same as if you were doing 60 FPS at 100% speed.

Sounds interesting, i just practice with savestates and slow-mo :D

Theoretically it would be awesome to just pick something from the list in the tutorial section (either gv respawn with star, gap jump on mg, ddr wall glitch) and practice it all over again.
Especially for those who just cant get dolphin to work properly

i have actually done this exact thing just for fun, using a code that makes all cpus funky flame runner and adding the aiparam files to every reg track szs

the cpus easily beat you on straights, but they still don't use optimal lines and they use items stupidly, so it ends up being a pretty ineffective way to practice for any online play.

OP
~Maidvelia~

~Maidvelia~

Administrator
WL Staff
Supporter
Team
U★, HD☆
NNID
Maidvelia
Switch
4185-3145-7717
Wiimmfi
4297-4674-3102
Thread Starter #10
i have actually done this exact thing just for fun, using a code that makes all cpus funky flame runner and adding the aiparam files to every reg track szs

the cpus easily beat you on straights, but they still are wide on turns and don't take optimal lines, so it ends up being a pretty ineffective way to practice for any online play.
Dang, glad I repurposed this thread then.

Switch
SW-5624-1255-7
Wiimmfi
3957-3728-6504
If there was a practice mode i think a teleporter code or savestate code would help a lot to redo what you want to practice over and over tbh

Team
Succeed or Perish
Wiimmfi
1595-1396-4278
Just thought of this as a practice mode
Have a setting in the CTGP Channel that replaces the 32 tracks with modded tracks and a gct that automatically gives you the item that you need for said shortcut. An example of this could be the MG gap jump. Have you start the track on the most optimal path for the gapjump, If you fall off you get respawned back to the where you started. If you want to try again have a kill button that counts you OOB and respawns you where you started again. Have these modded tracks for shortcuts in the 32 tracks that may need practice

Switch
SW-5624-1255-7
Wiimmfi
3957-3728-6504
these are actually possible, i've made one for practicing an sc, its very simple to move spawn positions.