Inaccurate CTGP Time Trial Star Count

Luke99

Wiimmfi
1852-8399-5026
Hi all- I’ve beaten all 32 RT CTGP Beginner Staff Ghosts, but two tracks (Grumble Volcano and BC3) say I only have a bronze star. I’ve beaten the easy ghosts without glitches or ultra shortcuts, so I should have the silver star, but it isn’t right? My only guess is that it has to do with these being the only two tracks with a "shortcut" category that I’ve played. It was a while ago the times were set, and I can’t figure out why they still show as bronze. Does anyone know any remedy to fix this problem? I would really appreciate the help! Thank you!

Here's my CTGP Time Trial Profile (YT- Luke99), if it helps: http://chadsoft.co.uk/time-trials/players/FA/8F16B69FEF1C34.html

Any help would be much appreciated! Thank you!

OP
Luke99

Luke99

Wiimmfi
1852-8399-5026
Thread Starter #2
A quick update- after some digging, the problem has finally been solved.

The issue was that on these two tracks, I beat the Beginner Staff Ghosts in an unintended manner- on both of these tracks, the ghosts take the normal routes, without any shortcuts / respawns. Beating the ghosts by using these unintended strategies unlocks the Expert Ghost, but does not technically award a Silver Star as the Beginner Ghost was beaten "incorrectly".

To fix the issue, create / use a clean license (with no time trials completed) and redo the tracks which have glitched star counts (for me, GV and BC3). However, beat the Beginner Staff Ghosts by taking the full, intended route all three laps, with normal mushroom usage and no shortcuts of any sort. When completed, the Expert Staff Ghost will unlock on the new license, and after connecting to the Ghost Database, the star count will be fixed.

Shoutouts to Loocas and Leseratte for their help!

You could also change your ghost settings to allow your game to save ghosts that aren't your PR to fix TT star related issues like that.