Issues with Audio on Livestreaming

Connor

wars > lounge
Supporter
Team
EXO | aboo
Wiimmfi
2239-3843-9741
So I don't really know how to summarize this into one question, I've been quite frustrated by audio issues with my TV -> elgato -> hearing audio when streaming, and I'm putting it all out here now in the hopes that maybe someone has a possible solution. Here goes, I'll try to keep it simple:

I bought an elgato months ago, and now I have a PC, I wanted to stream MKW gameplay and try adding mic/facecam. Making it all work together isn't actually the problem; I have gameplay and everything generally working fine. It's just the final tweaking that isn't working and it's killing me, and it all involves audio problems.

tl;dr:
How can I stream with game audio from my TV using my Elgato, OBS, and Wii2HDMI, so that I can hear it as well with no delay?

Due to the audio on my TV being super loud on my Wii for some reason, {Which is also another issue that I have, anything else I use on my TV, i.e TV channels, PS4, etc are very quiet on the lowest setting and I often have to turn it UP, whereas on Wii, even on the lowest setting it is literally too loud to have on at night by using the HDMI cables used for streaming; for context I use a Wii2HDMI plugged into the wii, then HDMI into the elgato, then HDMI from the elgato to TV, if this helps.} I'm not able to play with game audio on my TV because it will double up the audio from my regular Elgato audio as well as picking up from my mic that I use on my facecam. This basically means if I want to stream with Mic and Facecam I have to play muted on my TV, which is fine to some extent because it's not the end of the world, but it puts me at quite a disadvantage and generally for streaming it's just a bit awkward to have no audio going on IRL around me, since I just gotta sit there in silence lol. (Again this can be countered by playing music or something but just generally speaking)

I'm just curious how other MKW streamers that stream through Wii are able to listen to their audio completely fine? I'm genuinely baffled by this. It sounds so simple but feels so impossible to reach a simple answer.

I tried to fix this by changing the audio output go from my TV to my PC speaker/headphone output instead. On paper this should be fine, and the simple thing right? Well, the problem is there is a ~1 second video delay if I do this. Any action I do on my TV screen has delayed audio because, naturally, the playback on OBS is delayed by a second or so. I've tried video delay in the OBS filters on the Video Capture Device, and there's nothing. I'm at a complete standstill, and I don't have a clue how to solve it.

I'm happy to post any screenshots and anything that is needed, and hopefully this wasn't too awful to try and follow.

Thank you for any help and if you read this far <3

Aditya~

~
MKPS Staff
World Cup Staff
CTL Staff
CL Staff
Media Staff
Registry Staff
Supporter
Team
λρocalypse, Regicide
Wiimmfi
3613-7773-6772
So I don't really know how to summarize this into one question, I've been quite frustrated by audio issues with my TV -> elgato -> hearing audio when streaming, and I'm putting it all out here now in the hopes that maybe someone has a possible solution. Here goes, I'll try to keep it simple:

I bought an elgato months ago, and now I have a PC, I wanted to stream MKW gameplay and try adding mic/facecam. Making it all work together isn't actually the problem; I have gameplay and everything generally working fine. It's just the final tweaking that isn't working and it's killing me, and it all involves audio problems.

tl;dr:
How can I stream with game audio from my TV using my Elgato, OBS, and Wii2HDMI, so that I can hear it as well with no delay?

Due to the audio on my TV being super loud on my Wii for some reason, {Which is also another issue that I have, anything else I use on my TV, i.e TV channels, PS4, etc are very quiet on the lowest setting and I often have to turn it UP, whereas on Wii, even on the lowest setting it is literally too loud to have on at night by using the HDMI cables used for streaming; for context I use a Wii2HDMI plugged into the wii, then HDMI into the elgato, then HDMI from the elgato to TV, if this helps.} I'm not able to play with game audio on my TV because it will double up the audio from my regular Elgato audio as well as picking up from my mic that I use on my facecam. This basically means if I want to stream with Mic and Facecam I have to play muted on my TV, which is fine to some extent because it's not the end of the world, but it puts me at quite a disadvantage and generally for streaming it's just a bit awkward to have no audio going on IRL around me, since I just gotta sit there in silence lol. (Again this can be countered by playing music or something but just generally speaking)

I'm just curious how other MKW streamers that stream through Wii are able to listen to their audio completely fine? I'm genuinely baffled by this. It sounds so simple but feels so impossible to reach a simple answer.

I tried to fix this by changing the audio output go from my TV to my PC speaker/headphone output instead. On paper this should be fine, and the simple thing right? Well, the problem is there is a ~1 second video delay if I do this. Any action I do on my TV screen has delayed audio because, naturally, the playback on OBS is delayed by a second or so. I've tried video delay in the OBS filters on the Video Capture Device, and there's nothing. I'm at a complete standstill, and I don't have a clue how to solve it.

I'm happy to post any screenshots and anything that is needed, and hopefully this wasn't too awful to try and follow.

Thank you for any help and if you read this far <3
just use Wii U instead Pepega Clap 5Head PepeLaugh

Team
Succeed or Perish
Wiimmfi
1595-1396-4278
Theres probably a way for you to play the game audio through headphones

christan

Report all Megas sold through the Black Market
Supporter
Team
aboob
Your Wii2HDMI adapter should have an aux port, mine does at least. You put an aux cable into this port, and you put the other end into your line-in port on your motherboard, aka., in non nerd-language, you put the other end of the cable into the blue port on the back of your PC. Now you're going to have to be patient with me, all of my PC settings are in Dutch. Basically, in your audio configuration screen, under the tab called 'recording' (at least that is the literal translation from Dutch), a line-in audio source should appear. Click on that and go to its properties. There should be a tab there called 'listen', where you can set the volume for the source, and over what device you'd like to listen to it. It plays fine over my headset. I do this instead of listening to the audio over OBS, because OBS tries to sync your game audio to your game video, which is delayed because it takes longer to encode video than audio (or something like that), so you can just use your PC setttings to listen to it instead and mute the audio in OBS. This way, your in-game audio will also play when you record desktop audio over OBS, just keep that in mind.

Hope this was clear, if not, you know where you can find me on Discord.

~Maidvelia❤︎~

Achieving goals from the sidelines
Supporter
Team
UHDR7T7KECH - Maidvelia Serial Number
NNID
Maidvelia
Switch
4185-3145-7717
Wiimmfi
4297-4674-3102
Christian's suggestion should help the most. I don't think the Elgato has audio passthrough.

Rollergold

Rosa Boi
Supporter
The Elgato does have HDMI pass though which carries audio so with an HDMI Audio extractor or HDMI switch with that function you can pull the audio stream out to 3.5mm for direct headphone use or optical for use with an amp. If the Wii2Hdmi has a headphone out port you can use that too if the console is close enough.