Life Elimination Tournament III | Friday, July 31st

trace

Team
EXO
Wiimmfi
0261-3778-4550
Huh, it's been longer than I thought..

LETBanner.png

LET (Life Elimination Tournament) returns once again for it's third iteration. Things ran smoothly last time, so the format and registration will be exactly the same.

Starting Date and Time: Friday, July 31st @ 5:00 PM EDT
Cap: 24 players
Entry Fee: Still none, as there hasn't been excessive interest.
Discord Server: (required for playing & additional info) https://discord.gg/52ep5my
Signups open Wednesday, July 29th @ 11:00 AM EDT

Information in the box below is exactly the same as in LET II's thread.
I. Format
a.
Players are placed into 2 rooms of 12. Each player begins with 3 lives. If a player places bottom 3, they lose a life. Once a player has 0 lives, they are eliminated from the room. Lives are kept track of via a google spreadsheet, with responsibility of the host or staff member if pics are posted after every race or a stream is present.
b. Elimination Process
- Round 1: 24 players, 2 rooms of 12. Each room plays until there are 6 players left. This round takes 6-10 races.
The remaining 6 players who weren't eliminated move on to the Winner's Room, and the 6 players who are eliminated move on to the Loser's Room.
- Round 2: 24 players, 2 rooms of 12 (Winner's Room and Loser's Room). Again, each room plays until there are 6 players left. It takes 6-10 races.
The remaining 6 players in the Winner's Room must wait for the next round to finish to begin Grand Finals. The 6 players who are eliminated move on to Round 3 (Finals Room).
The remaining 6 players in the Loser's Room move on to Round 3 (Finals Room). The 6 players who are eliminated are out of the tournament.
- Round 3: 12 players, 1 room of 12 (Finals Room). Once more, the room plays until 6 remain. It takes 6-10 races.
The remaining 6 players move on to the Grand Finals with a 2 lives handicap. The 6 players who are eliminated are out of the tournament.
- Grand Finals: 12 players. Bottom 3 lose a life. Once there are 6 players in the room, bottom 2 lose a life. Once there are 4 players in the room, only last will lose a life. Grand Finals lasts 12-14 races where only one remains.

If the above paragraph is too much to take in, a simpler graphic is provided below this spoiler box.

II. Registration
a.
Signups are done first come, first serve via the discord server's #register channel, opening Wednesday, July 29th @ 11:00 AM EDT. https://discord.gg/52ep5my
b. Players must have a verified friend code on the MKBoards registry.
- To check if you have one, click here: http://tinyurl.com/wlregistry
- If you don’t have one, click here: https://www.mariokartboards.com/threads/how-to-new-player-registrations.244/#post-1450
b.i. If a player is found to be using an alternate account with intent to deceive, they will be immediately disqualified from the tournament.
c. Players must register with their verified friend codes on the MKBoards registry.
d. Players banned from MKPS are prohibited from this tournament. To see the banlist, click here: https://www.mariokartboards.com/threads/mario-kart-professional-series-banlist.6607/
e. Upon registration, you agree to the use of the following rules and the final decisions of the tournament organizers.

III. General
a.
CTGP-only. No ISO users allowed. Free choice of vehicles, characters, and controllers.
b. If a player repicks a track, they will lose a life.
c. Major glitches, lookback glitch, hacking, lap trolling, and teaming is prohibited.
c.i. For a list of banned glitches, refer to the Wiimmfi League ruleset.
c.ii. If a player fails to abide rule c., they automatically agree to forfeit and drop from the tournament. Proof MUST be represented in the form of a video or a gif.
d. Rules are subject to change until the start time.

IV. Rooms
a.
Players have 10 minutes to join the room from the decided starting time of the current round.
b. The host must open the room at the time given.
c. The tournament organizers will ask for a designated player to send race pictures / stream after every race ends. This is to keep a tally of lives.
d. If a player disconnects before race 1 lap 3, they will be permitted one reset. If they disconnect on the line, proof must be presented in the form of a video or a gif of their finishing position.
e. If a player disconnects after race 1 lap 3, they will lose a life for every missed race in that GP. Ex: Disconnecting during race 3 of a GP will lose you two lives in that round. Host must wait for you to join back within 5 minutes if you're not eliminated.
f. If the host is eliminated, room will reset with a new host. This may occur multiple times during Grand Finals.
g. Host MUST be able to use the Wiimmfi site to kick eliminated players, and update the live spreadsheet if they are not streaming or posting pics after each race for a staff member to do so.

V. CTGP SETTINGS FOR HOSTS (SAME AS MOGI)
Page 1:
My Stuff [OFF] or [No replaced tracks]
Draggable Blue Shells [OFF]

Page 4:
Track Availability [Nintendo Tracks]
Specific Engine Class [150cc]
Race Count [4]
Thundercloud Autofire [Normal]
Thundercloud Effect [Normal]
Room Encryption [ON]
Available Vehicles [All Vehicles]
Host Always Wins Vote [OFF]

Page 5:
Item Rain [OFF]
All Items Can Land [OFF]
Network Data Rate [Normal]
Item Boxes [ON]
Only accept CTGP users? [Yes, CTs On]
Allow My Stuff users? [No replaced tracks]

LET Format MKBoards .png

OP
trace

trace

Team
EXO
Wiimmfi
0261-3778-4550
Thread Starter #5
registration happens in the discord in 14 hours (11AM EDT), this thread will not count

Angel

“Don’t forget to be my friend again tomorrow.”
Supporter
Team
ve
Wiimmfi
4429-8191-2485
this time we don't complain about me hosting... the only people who had problems were the people losing 😔

Angel

“Don’t forget to be my friend again tomorrow.”
Supporter
Team
ve
Wiimmfi
4429-8191-2485
Zexous
4771-4276-3673
Zexous#8071
Can't Host
A. Registrations were done in the discord provided
B. Registrations were filled by 12 EST after only opening @ 11 EST, if you'd still like to hop in the discord to reg you'd be set as a sub