• Staff apps are open! Interested? Read here for more information!
  • As of 17th December 2018, MarioKartBoards Staff have been in communication with Lounge Staff to enable any alting within a lounge environment to result in an indefinite site ban.
  • Embrace The Change is a LAN tournament intending to be located in Cambridge, England. It will have a focus on MK8DX but also an MKWii setup. Interested? Find out more here!
  • Exalt is a Mario Kart Wii themed LAN Tournament to be hosted in New York, USA. Interested in coming along? Find out all the information here!
  • Lacuna is a pay to play tournament on Mario Kart Wii happening May 25th. Interested? Find out more here!

Mac Capture Card

Fred

Team
SY
Switch
6902-7070-8621
Wiimmfi
0564-3489-3168
Whoever uses Mac, what would be the best capture card for streaming and recording gameplay?

Team
Blue Thunder.
Elgato. You just need a Mac with a better processor to do 60FPS. I have a base model 2015 MacBook Air and it can only clock 30. I recommend the game capture 60S if they are available or equivalent (if they released newer model since)

Rollergold

Rosa Boi
Supporter
I don't use a mac but Elgato's are one of the more popular series and some of the easiest to use. The Elgato HD60 if you have an older/slower Mac with it's onboard encoder hardware or HD60S if you have a newer/faster Mac. The HD60's onboard encoder only works with Elgato's software though.