• Exalt is a Mario Kart Wii themed LAN Tournament to be hosted in New York, USA. Interested in coming along? Find out all the information here!
  • Donate to keep our site running in the future. For more information, click here

Make a icon thanks to the model

Rzuuuuu

Kingofdeath.
Supporter
Wiimmfi
3311-1874-8965
Hi, i have downloaded a Daisy texture but it contain only the model when i’m in a race.

I wanted to know how to change it in the character screen too (the icon and the model when i have the mach bike on screen)

Here’s the texture (Daisy Kitty Cat)

Thanks for your help.

Team
BT ~ Blue Thunder / Ac★ ~ Ascension
This is a relatively simple edit. For the character select screen, the icon can be edited through any software. Just change it however you see fit. That can be found in the menusingle.szs. The bike can be edited by means of allkart.szs. Find which ever one you need, in this case the ds-allkart. Open your bike texture (ma_bike-ds) and export the needed images. Then import and replace the corresponding images into the allkart; Under "ma_bike.brres," which you hopefully figured out already. Do likewise with the character itself. That is to be found in the Driver.szs (ds_menu.brres)

I see you want to change Daisy's Driver.szs to Katarina. This will be a tad bit more involved as you will not only need to change the textures but the model itself. As scary as that sounds, tis quite easy once you understand it. To begin, open your bike texture. Go to driver_model, then 3DModels. Select the model file, not model_lod and choose export. Choose either .dae or .mdl0. I don't remember if it even matters. Then import it into the Driver.szs -> ds_menu.brres -> 3DModels -> model. Select replace and do so with the model from the bike szs. Now keep in mind that Daisy's Driver model is her dress version, (Don't quote me on this but iirc the dress & bike models are overlayed; If so there shouldn't be any troubles) and the model from ma_bike-ds is her bike suit form. Soooo, Idk how you'd want to do that, but I won't stop you from messing around with it. It might crash, but who knows. I'm still learning myself and there are some very experienced modders here who know way more than myself.

Idk how advanced you are with textures & stuffs so pardon me if it was oversimplified. Incase you don't already have it, use Brawlbox for all the aforementioned. Oh, and use this for reference: MKW Files If you need anymore help, feel free to contact me @ 𝓬𝓽𝓫 ♡ #3880 Gl and happy modding! 😊

Last edited:
OP
Rzuuuuu

Rzuuuuu

Kingofdeath.
Supporter
Wiimmfi
3311-1874-8965
Thread Starter #3
I’m new with the textures and stuff thank you so much for you’re answer. I think i’ll not change the Daisy’s Driver.szs because i don’t want any issues and it seems pretty difficult but i’ll do the rest. Thanks again !