• Mario Kart 7 is back on Mario Kart Boards! Read more about it here!
  • As of 17th December 2018, MarioKartBoards Staff have been in communication with Lounge Staff to enable any alting within a lounge environment to result in an indefinite site ban.
  • The Lounge section is now open! With Season 3 starting, there's a dedicated site area here for more info!
  • The war arrangement bot for Discord has been released! Check this thread for more details!
  • Media Team is undergoing a significant amount of changes. Please read this thread for more information.

Media Staff Recruitment and Opening our Server

Tea

WL Staff
Media Staff
Hello all,

As we start approaching the end of the season and we prepare for the next season of EL, us at the Media Staff wanted to share some stuff regarding how we want to approach future casts, as well as what we want from the viewers.

Recruitment:

First off, we are actively recruiting casters, stream hosts, and content creators for our team. Here are the qualifications:

Casters:

• High level experience in RT or CT (We’d like more CT casters, as we are very limited on this)
  • A high quality microphone
  • Availability on the weekends
  • A practice cast (If you cannot do that, contact me (Tea#4982) and I will record it for you.)

Stream Hosts:

• High PC Specifications
  • OBS experience highly recommended
  • Photoshop highly recommended
  • Previous experience in hosting recommended

Content Creators:

• Example of content (can be videos, articles, etc.)

As of late we’ve been a lot more active in casts, and we’ve been working on how to improve them internally. Any feedback on our casts, how frequent they’ve been, what we’re casting, etc. would greatly be appreciated. We’re opening up our Discord server for people who want to give feedback, request casts, and maybe even participate in our casts as well. Keep in mind that we’d like requests to be stated as soon as possible, so we have more time to prepare a better cast. If it is the day of or even the night before, we might not do the cast since we’d like to have the best cast possible.

Here is our Discord server: https://discord.gg/NexpE43
If you would like to apply, please make a post at this forum: https://www.mariokartboards.com/forums/media-staff.76/

- Media Staff Team

Team
Blue Thunder, Electric Veterans, Nostalgia
Switch
3256 3180 8919
Wiimmfi
4215 0709 9331
Content Creators:
  • I create some Mario Kart videos with my iPad/camera and tripod and I would love to help out MKB with anything, but sadly I cannot cast right now. Thank you guys for the understanding.

YouTube: RaeiKART

OP
Tea

Tea

WL Staff
Media Staff
Thread Starter #3
Content Creators:
  • I create some Mario Kart videos with my iPad/camera and tripod and I would love to help out MKB with anything, but sadly I cannot cast right now. Thank you guys for the understanding.

YouTube: RaeiKART
Content creation is a bit different than making MKW gamplay videos, we make montages and will upload matches that we streamed.

Although we do have some different type of content coming in the near future...