• The Lounge section is now open! With Season 3 starting, there's a dedicated site area here for more info!
  • As of 17th December 2018, MarioKartBoards Staff have been in communication with Lounge Staff to enable any alting within a lounge environment to result in an indefinite site ban.
  • There are a number of upcoming tournaments that may interest people, so click the links to find out more!
    Lacuna - Online Pay to Play - MKW - 25th May
    Embrace The Change - Cambridge, UK - MK8DX/MKW - 6th July
    Exalt - New York, USA - MKW - 13th-14th July
  • If you play in Custom Tracks Wiimmfi League (CTWL), vote on the poll in this thread as soon as possible!
  • Elite League are looking for some feedback on a cup idea, feel free to read up on the idea with this thread!

Meet the Staff of Mario Kart Boards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abaraik

The Irish Mark
Supporter
Team
Arcadia
Site Founder
:flagIT: BetoMan | @BetoMan
Head technical administrator. Timezone: Central European Summer Time (CEST), UTC+2. Discord Contact: BetoMan0#8507

Administrators
:flagUK: Stunky | @Stunky | Introduction Post
Administrator. Timezone: British Summer Time (BST), UTC+1. Discord Contact: Stunky#4913

:flagUS: Maidvelia | @~Maidvelia❤~ | Introduction Post
Administrator. Timezone: Eastern Daylight Time (EDT), UTC-4. Discord Contact: ~Maidvelia~#0697

Moderators
:flagUS: Arc | @Arc-n-g | Introduction Post
Timezone: Eastern Daylight Time (EDT), UTC-4. Discord Contact: Arc#3565

:flagUS: Aruba | @Aruba | Introduction Post
Timezone: Central Daylight Time (CDT), UTC-5. Discord Contact: Aruba#7807

:flagUS: Chris | @Chris. | Introduction Post
Timezone: Eastern Daylight Time (EDT), UTC-4. Discord Contact: Chris.#0018

:flagUK: Jazz | @Jazz. | Introduction Post
Discord Contact: Jazz#8297

:flagUK: Joeey | @Joeey | Introduction Post
Timezone: British Summer Time (BST), UTC+1. Discord Contact: Joeey#0803

:flagUK: Josh | @JoshL
Discord Contact: Josh#5318

:flagUS: Mystic | @Mystic | Introduction Post
Timezone: Eastern Daylight Time (EDT), UTC-4. Discord Contact: it’s happy boi hours™#1319

:flagUS: Ryan | @Ryan. | Introduction Post
Timezone: Eastern Daylight Time (EDT), UTC-4. Discord Contact: Shah#1111

:flagUS: Silver | @Silver | Introduction Post
Timezone: Central Daylight Time (CDT), UTC-5.
Discord Contact: Silver#1000

*Timezones are added for your convenience where available. For help converting a staff member's timezone to your timezone, visit https://www.timeanddate.com/

Last edited by a moderator:

Stunky

Triple OwO
Administrator
WL Staff
EL Staff
Supporter
Hello there!

My name is Stunky and I'm an administrator on Mario Kart Boards. For those who care about real life stuff, I'm 19, in need of a job, and live in the South of England. I studied Business Studies, Computer Science, ICT and Financial Studies towards the end of school and, in the future (when I've worked enough to earn some money to pay because I don't like ideas like student loans), I intend to go to university to study Computer Science.

I started getting interested in playing games when (edgy topic incoming) I suffered a significant amount of bullying as a child. Won't go in to significant detail but that bullying led to me needing an escape, something that I found in gaming, especially on the Nintendo systems that we already had. When Mario Kart Wii came out, that was my bridge to this community. Having played Pokémon games and stuff online as a young kid (where I sneakily pretended I was older than I was, because this was 10+ years ago and gaming was done in chats like Xat where you didn't have to provide that info), me and my friends branched out in to playing Mario Kart, made a squad on launch day basically, and from there the innocent start has led to this. After a year or two of playing I saw a video by MrBean35000vr about Custom Tracks and, by late 2010, I was playing them myself in LAB clan.

I'm pretty shy overall in real life, but I try to be as vocal as I can online and will try to help when available. Like I say, the internet and gaming was always an escape for me, it was where I could actually be myself, whereas I still reserve many thoughts in real life. I love the ability to be able to help people and just see how far communities can evolve to get the best for everyone.

In terms of staff roles, I've been around for some time, having been a staff member in the Solo Racers League back in 2013, then during a not-so-great phase with me being banned, I moved to lead the Mario Kart Global FFAs, then Mario Kart 8 International FFAs, being selected for CSL Staff in the middle of June 2015 to work my way up to Manager when the Season 7 changes occurred, getting the chance to be a member of World Cup Staff, and after many attempts, many knockdowns (and probably many hours of pain for the past staff who had to deal with my application in every slot) I succeeded in becoming a Moderator in February 2017. With Sabby stepping down, I thought I'd put my name forward for the Admin role and was amazed to discover that I'd successfully got the role. You may have also seen me cast events, that's been going for some time too.

Feel free to contact me either on the site, via Discord (Stunky#4913) or any other method of communication I have listed. I'll probably respond quicker if it's here or Discord though, just as they're the easiest for me to check while out and about. I don't even let myself escape the community when I'm out :p

Chris.

υnτouchable.
WL Staff
EL Staff
Team
υτ
Word.
Ight so im Chris, most of you may know me as Merc or Mercury. Played CTs for a minute, then quit those. Played a bit of high divs on both tracks, winning CTD1 with Daisy a while back, as well as playing with ut2 and EU1. Mostly associated with the Battle Cry group as I've been there the longest and maybe if you have a good memory you might remember as Yowndrift's resident squeaker alongside Silver. Been on staff a solid 8 months, recently joined WL Council as of this season. Been around the block quite a bit in my time playing, as both a bagger and a runner. I've started divulging into other communities like CoD. As for personal things, I'm currently a sophomore in high school, meaning I'm quite young to have all the roles I do, and in all honesty I think given the circumstances of the community I believe that I have done and can continue to do a good job in helping the community prosper. If you have any feedback you know where to find me.

Ryan.

NYC
WL Staff
EL Staff
Team
KG | υτ
Wiimmfi
3655-0654-6204
Oh yo what's up, didn't realize I had to make one of these. Long story short, I'm Ryan, and I'm a moderator. I don't play MKW much anymore, but I'm still super active in the community so you'll see me around on Discord. :D I mainly play Overwatch, Fortnite, and Osu!, with the occasional MKW here and there. I've been in the community for 4 years now, and have gone through many clans in the past (i.e. VA, KG, υτ). I play both regular tracks and custom tracks, both being in D2 EL currently. I tend to meme a lot, so expect that. Aside from my MKB moderator position, I am also a part of EL council and the manager of the Media Staff. I was formerly a Registration Admin for both WL and EL, but I have since retired those roles. Feel free to contact me if there are any issues or if you want to have a chat, and I'll 99% of the time be around. :D

Joeey

Wavin' through a window~
EL Staff
Supporter
Team
Turtle 7eam
Wiimmfi
3914-4250-9247
Hey-o!

I'm Joeey, and I'm a moderator on the boards. Currently I play the game fairly actively, and am playing Wiimmfi League and Elite League for my own clan, Turtle 7eam.

I've only been back in the community since August 2018 after a one year and a half hiatus. Since then, I've played for Crossfire in WL S14, and Golden Haze for EL S2, and then for Turtle 7eam in WL S15 and EL S3.

Aside from my position as moderator, I am also on the Council for Elite League, as well as being a Registration Admin and DIvision Admin in the same league. I'm also a manager in Three League, and I assist the running of Mookie's League, a league for teams that are perhaps new to the game and need to get used to league formats before playing both WL/EL.

I hope to assist in the community and help it to continue growing and continue acting as a place where players, new and old alike, can mix and have a good time together.

If you want to chat or if there are any issues, hit me up on Discord, I'm active a fair amount of the time.

Joeey#0803

Silver

Searching for ten thousand ways to say sorry
Supporter
Team
Battle Cry
Hi guys, I'm Silver, I'm 17 years old and a junior in high school.

I played a tiny bit of comp (like 2 wars) back in 2012 or so, but 2015 is when I truly consider my start, I've been playing ever since then, even though I've lost a lot interest in the game as of late, I still very much enjoy playing with friends and interacting with/helping the community.

I've always been a CT player first and foremost, for the simple reason that playing the same 32 tracks over and over can get extremely boring. I first played with Yowndrift (technically my first clan was actually Remix, a sub that lived for like a month, but I consider y_ my first true clan.) I currently play with Battle Cry, who I've been with ever since early 2017, but I still hang out with people in other clans, (Maximum Likelihood, Fossa)

Right now, I mostly play osu!, Splatoon 2, and Smash Ultimate, because, even though I went to CTs to find variety, the extremely slow pace at which updates release, along with the pack becoming more and more catered to casuals, have caused me to lose a lot of interest in the game, plus, I find those games more satisfying because they're much more skill based than Mario Kart.

I also play Mario Kart 8 Deluxe infrequently, where I'm an updater in lounge, and I played with Melee X/Y for 2 seasons, who I still identify more with and hang out more with than my current clan, Renegades.

Overall, I'm a pretty chill and positive person who doesn't really hate many people (you have to be extremely cancerous or do something awful to get on my bad side) and I'm usually willing to help anyone out with anything they may need. If you want anything from me, just talk to me on Discord (Silver#1000) and I'll respond asap.

Mystic

WL Staff
Lounge Staff
Greetings Earthlings,

My name is Gabriel, I’m 20 years old, and I live in New York City.

I am currently studying Economics and I have a passion for sports and eSports.

My main video games include Mario Kart Wii which I have been playing since 2012, and League of Legends which I have been playing since 2014.

I used to play basketball and baseball in the past, but ended up not pursuing them since I wasn’t outstanding in either sport.

Now, I’m pursuing my passion for video games and hosting a LAN event for Mario Kart Wii known as Exalt. One of my goals is to continue this passion and potentially create a career out of hosting events (or just being involved with video games in general :geek:).

Follow me on Twitter and Instagram @citsyym y’all!!

Mystic out.

Jazz.

EL Staff
Team
Equivoke
Ello, I'm Jazz or you can call me Jas like everyone outside of the community does, both ways work, 20 years old and going into my final year in university studying Accounting.​

First off, I'd like to introduce myself a bit, Londoner that says "listen fam" a lot and I'm someone that is really into sports and socializing as long as I gain respect back of course. From primary school all the way to Year 1 of university, I've played various amount of sport from Football, Cricket, Rugby, Basketball and even a bit of Rounders (Baseball Brit version). I'm a MASSIVE Liverpool fan, always have been since probably the age of 7, still expecting us to win the league this Sunday as well as winning the CL Final in 3 weeks. If there are any active games I play apart from MKWii, then it'll definitely be on the PS4 from Fortnite, Apex Legends, ARK, GTA, FIFA 19, BlackOps 4. I actually did try playing MK8 Deluxe for a few months before ending up selling the Switch and the game immediately (not a fan sorry).​

Now, for my whole community history, I don't believe many of you know much from it so here we go. Around 2012, I was really intrigued on how people play online and how it works because obviously as a kid you'll be curious and wondering a lot at that time of age. I started off playing for Up with people like Base, Storm, Logic (both Austrian ones) and XLR8R mainly. For maybe 8 or so months of playing in the community, joined a few sub-clans with people like Epic and Spade if I recall but, after a year or so in the competitive community, I felt the need to take a break as studies were in the way as well as sport, so instead of staying in the competitive community, I decided to join the laid back part of the community in BF. Stayed there for around 2 years, met a lot of good people and enjoyed it at most as there wasn't much pressure going into since obviously when you're in a competitive community, there's always the pressure to win more than have fun in leagues of course. Once Wiimmfi came around, I decided to leave the BF Community to rejoin the competitive side of the community. So, it started off needing a few clans, joined Su/Sv after being given a shot from Simon and after a few months or so I became co-leader of a clan I believe was very successful until it died to become Alliance 15. If I had to choose two people who have made my time really easy from the get go, it'll easily be Azuma (Ash) and Simon because without them, I don't believe I would be here for sure. So for those who don't know much about my history on Wiimmfi, Su is probably one of, if not my favourite clans I've ever played in, joined a good amount of sub-clans, created one sub-clan and went power crazy so didn't work out, lesson learnt, pretty much ever since the mid to ending of Su, I've been bagging, the reason why I actually started developing more as a bagger and enjoying it was my first bagging war vs Mine, got recognition for it by him and was inspired to keep going as I felt he was one of the better baggers in the community at that stage, represented Team UK for 2 World Cups (?) and other stuff. Currently, my "main" clan (not really anymore) is Equivoke, before anyone says it's Battle Alliance 2.0, it ain't famm. In terms of Battle Alliance, it's also one of my most favourite clans I've played in for sure, too many funny and great moments in it, have had a few IRL meetups with great people, I would also list a lot more on this btw, just want to save that for my leaving thread once it happens, already dragging this for long so don't wanna go into too much detail.​

As of my staff roles, I'll briefly go through them, I firstly got the opportunity to join a role was joining the CSL staff for the Registration Admin role, feel I was one of the better RAs to come around before I got into Council. Did really well there and became CSL/WL Manager for it for around 1-2 years (?). Left due to taking a hiatus from the community, came back, got Council for EL, became EL manager for that after a few weeks, right now believing EL is the top league for MKWii or certainly becoming it. and now I'm finally a moderator after trying a 2nd time for it, my first time was actually against Stunky who is an admin now (yikes for me). Other notable staff roles are being in World Cup staff as well as being in this year's UK LAN staff which hopefully will be a success.​

Welp, that's mostly everything in brief detail towards the end of course. tl;dr I've been here for ages, I bag, give respect take respect etc. Once you get to know me well, I'm a pretty chilled guy to talk with and hang around for sure.​

Thanks!​

Last edited:

Arc-n-g

Pizza lover and boo extraordinaire
Team
Unbroken
Oh, you want to know about me?

here:
Pizza>other food.
Boos>other video game characters
Sword & Enburezu>other mkwii players

Oh wait, now I'm a professional twitch streamer (twitch.tv/arcintel)

as a twitch streamer I've learned some interesting stuff:
Discord(Arc#3565)>twitch & youtube>other social media sites
Arc>Arc_n_g>Randomness>Prplmusic63>any other stupid name I've had before
Mkwii>anything else bc viewers want to play with me and I ain't gonna play fort nut

I turned 18... welp time to start thinking about paying taxes

As I am now "too old to be playing a kid's game" I have a few more thoughts:
Age doesn't matter, I ain't gonna stop playing video games.
I would love to be a coach for a professional esports team
weebs should be punished by being forced to play rainbow road five hundred times with funky kong in the jetsetter

oh god I'm now a moderator, what? how?

I have no clue what just happened, but all I know now is my life is opening a new chapter for my analytical mind to conjure up new crazy presentations that are hopefully somewhat interesting to skim through, and I hope to stay with you guys for a long time!

Thanks for listening to my ted talk

Aruba

WL Staff
Supporter
Ladies and gentleman, Mario Kart Boards Airlines welcomes you to Aruba. For the safety of those around you, please refrain from believing that I actually live Aruba. This is one devious meme!

~ ~ ~

My name is Aruba though and I live in America. Some of you may know me, some of you not. I've been an active participant in this community since 2010. You can say I have sampled a little bit of everything from TTs to WL. Most of my online activity from 2010 to 2014 was conducted on the sites of Player's Page and Mkw.com Forums. I took a decent sized break from playing until about 2016, where I came back to this site. There have been many teams that I have joined, but my more recent ones in order are Kinetolic Gaming, Coastline, Charged Brigade, and Kaisers.

I have my fair share of social media as well! My YouTube channel goes by the name of BlouRubi, and you can find me on Twitter via the handle @Arubaly.

There's one significant hobby of mine that I always love to share, and that is traveling. My work consists of me traveling every other week to various cities domestically. When my vacation time comes around, I always travel to Asia. I believe experiences are key to shaping your life, and if you have the opportunity to experience something new... do it!

~ ~ ~

Please use caution when deplaning the aircraft. Thank you for flying with Mario Kart Boards Airlines.

~Maidvelia❤~

Every day I'll fight to be Legendary
Administrator
WL Staff
Supporter
Team
U★, HD☆
NNID
Maidvelia
Switch
4185-3145-7717
Wiimmfi
4297-4674-3102
Hello everyone! I'm Maidvelia, a 22 year old resident of Michigan in the US with an Associate of Applied Science degree in IT.

My hobbies include video games (primarily Mario Kart Wii of course!), streaming on Twitch, watching YouTube videos, listening to music (video game music, electronic dance music, metal, and rock), and watching anime and/or online animated series' (I can't call RWBY an anime or I'll get stoned lmao). Hobbies I dislike include sports and most outdoor/extroverted activities. My absolute favorite video game franchises besides Mario Kart would include Need for Speed and Ace Combat, my favorite song of all time is Breaking the Habit by Linkin Park, and my favorite animated series of all time is RWBY (because the soundtrack is the best thing in this world).

In regards to my personality I am pretty approachable. I tend to be serious and blunt in most conversations but I do have a sense of humor. Overall I am more on the introverted side but I would be a huge liar if I told you I like being alone every second of the day. I need my fair share of company to get by, in addition to solitude. I have a few core values to my person that I never go against, including integrity and logicality. I absolutely detest lying (if you have nothing good to say or it's damning, then you should just not say it!) and I hate decisions that are made based on how someone feels versus the logistics of a situation. We have science for a reason.

Not going to beat around the bush, my interests are very atypical. I have a primary interest for PC troubleshooting (which landed me my degree) and obsessing over video quality (which translated over to CTGP Records). However, I have also carried a secondary interest for things that do not conform to the "rules" and "roles" of my gender. I'm a straight male though I believe one of the parts of my brain turned out to be smaller than the typical man's, resulting in more feminine tendencies/interests than most males. This ultimately resulted in my current branding color scheme, the way my Mii looks, the sprites used in my graphics, and my username (that no one seems to be able to pronounce correctly -_-). In addition to all of that, my textures, newfound curiosities, and overall extent I went to in order to have this new username all correlate to how much this stuff is a part of my person as it is to my branding on the internet. I am not very sensitive but I will generally take offense to blatantly distasteful slurs or jokes about this part of me, so don't do it!

For my world/societal views I respect every lifestyle choice that does not harm another person, but I do not necessarily agree with all lifestyle choices. Disagreement on choices is generally frowned upon these days, but it is an important component to free speech that I believe is getting overlooked. I think it's important that people know my stance on this in order to have smoother conversations. I prefer to be true to my values while simultaneously not making enemies.

With that somewhat lengthy biography out of the way, here's my history with Mario Kart Wii and associated staff positions within the community:

I've played since March 2010, MKW was my first online game experience and I have always enjoyed it. These days I prefer playing with friends rather than alone. You may recognize me better by my old name KD (the full meaning of which I refuse to hear ever again, it's a deadname to me). I changed names due to a personality shift. I play both Nintendo's 32 tracks and the 218 custom tracks on version 1.03.1 of Bean's CTGP Revolution about equally. I have no preference in one or the other. I also still play the old version of the pack, 1.02.0, on occasion.

I've lead several clans over the years, my most notable being TR★ - Team Rocket, Dα♥ - Daughters of the Amazon, and U★ - Unbroken. Every single one of these clans have earned at least one league banner during their lifespan, with U★ earning two in a row. When it comes to leading something, I strive to get accomplishments. I currently still reside in Unbroken, as it's my pride and joy. I run it like a community instead of a competitive clan these days. I've semi-retired, you could say, from tryharding on this game. I still occasionally do it, but I just currently prefer to have longer periods of a relaxing, enjoyable time rather than shorter periods of intense, close competition.

I started to seriously dabble with staff roles in around 2013 on MarioKartWii.com (although prior to this I was a division admin for Mario Kart Championships League in Division 2 but I was too young to learn anything from it). MKW.com's staff finally tried to run a league on that site for the first time and I tried helping with it. The first season I was just a staff member for it, and then the second season I was a league admin. The league was called the Mario Kart Global League (MKGL). Since then I've matured and gained more competency, finding my way into various other staff roles and providing more and more for the community over time. Some of my highlights include the following:
  • Super Moderator on MKW.com from December 2014 to April 2015.
  • Founding Custom Server League - CSL (now Wiimmfi League - WL) with Chrome and Viraith a couple months after Nintendo WFC shutdown.
  • Becoming a Wiimmfi Server Ban Moderator around Winter 2015 and still being one to this very day.
  • A League Admin tenure for CSL from Pre-Season until post-Season 6.
  • A Manager of one of CSL/WL's councils (which have since merged into one) for Seasons 7 & 12, and this current day.
  • Global Moderator on MarioKartBoards from June 2016 to February 2017, and then July 2018 to May 2019.
  • Administrator on MarioKartBoards from May 2019 to this very day.
  • Head Organizer for the 2016 and 2017 Mario Kart World Cups.
As you can see I have been around the block. Some of my qualities as a staff member include a large emphasis on competency for completing tasks and a disdain for settling for mediocrity. I firmly believe in the concept of trying new things even if there is the risk of failure. It's better than sitting in a comfortable bubble while nothing happens and all you can do is just watch things get stale and boring. At that point we are all better off watching paint dry.

If you want to follow me on social media, I have a Twitter, Twitch account, and YouTube account. My YouTube account is inactive and the other two are active. On my Twitch you can find my rising series: The Mario Kart Wii Community Discussion Podcast and on Twitter you can find various random rants and (re-)tweets/likes of MKW stuff, Ace Combat stuff, Daisy, RWBY stuff, and my terrible tastes in memes. On my YouTube I currently only upload Mario Kart Wii Community podcast segments but that may change if I decide to make the account more active.

Twitch: maidvelia
Twitter: @maidvelia
YouTube: Maidvelia

For those who want more detail about my channels, go to this thread. I'm looking to get a schedule sorted for streaming soon so you can look forward to that I guess.

I currently have immeasurable free time, considering I have graduated from community college. I generally treat most staff positions I am in as a passionate vocation of volunteerism rather than some annoying unpaid job. If you ever need anything regarding the site or community, do not hesitate to contact me on my site profile or on Discord! My DiscordTag is ~Maidvelia~#0697. Thanks for reading! :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.