• Mario Kart 7 is back on Mario Kart Boards! Read more about it here!
  • As of 17th December 2018, MarioKartBoards Staff have been in communication with Lounge Staff to enable any alting within a lounge environment to result in an indefinite site ban.
  • The Lounge section is now open! With Season 3 starting, there's a dedicated site area here for more info!
  • The war arrangement bot for Discord has been released! Check this thread for more details!
  • Media Team is undergoing a significant amount of changes. Please read this thread for more information.

please get your fucking act together

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team
bomb
Hello guys!! Since I returned to the community again I wanna give my suggestions about what to do to save this community since I've seen this community starting to die slowly during the latest year. First of all the lounge has to be reformed or killed off because it brings toxic attitude to the community which has made plenty of people quit. And it also ruins clan chemistry and has even killed off some clans just because lounge is taking over. I think it's impossible to save this community if the lounge isn't gone because what the lounge has brought here is kind of a disaster for the community. I've seen this for a long time unlike many people but I'm happy to see more people actually realizing this which is very important. People in the community talks so much about wanting changes but never act on it. The community won't change unless we decide to do it and then we need to act and not only talk. One way to do this is that people actually start coming up with ideas on how to bring activity for wars back and how to make it so that the lounge can exist but NOT take over. Second of all I think we need to have stricter consequences for people who acts toxic in public chats since it feels like the staff are really weak when it comes to this. The toxic behavior is another thing that needs to be gone and the only way to do that is by introducing stricter consequences towards people with toxic behavior and show them that actions takes consequences. I agree on the points about better help towards new people and all of that since every new person we can get to the community is a plus and the idea given here in earlier posts could really make that part easier and better. But once again I see much talking about changing the community, bringing back wars and other problems but I rarely see people do anything about it other than talking and complaining which in fact won't make any difference. Stop acting and start processing is my conclusion of this post. I hope this will make some people convinced about that this is not a lost cause!

These are MY opinions and suggestions and are NOT facts so if you have another view of these please tell because we can't fix anything if we don't talk about the problems from many point of views.

-Elmer

Jack

Unreal Soccer Goals
Supporter
Team
Regicide
Imo just stop lounge and have more organized tournaments like have weekly ffa/2v2/3v3 ect on a time that doesn’t effect WL/EL and people can practice with wars the whole week when the tourneys aren’t happening. If anyone needs help or clarifications just hmu.

ace

hardstuck d5
Supporter
Team
VA
the only thing is that everyone seems to be spamming delete lounge yet everyone still plays it and chooses to regularly

we exclusively had wars, ffa tournaments every now and again and then WCL/IL/CSL/WL and that was it from 2008 until 2016

lounge with an actual new rank system (old lounges was a joke) is obviously going to keep people more interested in the game and community because people rather play when they see significant improvements (lol my mmr is going up which means i must be getting better means more than lol i've beat this clan)

Team
bomb
the only thing is that everyone seems to be spamming delete lounge yet everyone still plays it and chooses to regularly

we exclusively had wars, ffa tournaments every now and again and then WCL/IL/CSL/WL and that was it from 2008 until 2016

lounge with an actual new rank system (old lounges was a joke) is obviously going to keep people more interested in the game and community because people rather play when they see significant improvements (lol my mmr is going up which means i must be getting better means more than lol i've beat this clan)
That’s exactly my whole point ace if we want change then start acting like we want it. Stop saying can in lounge and so on.

Owen

People will only say can in lounge because naturally it’s the only place to play and we have that embedded in our minds while it’s just there. I agree with Elmer we do need to eventually just one day we have to just delete lounge up to mods though even if it’s active and people will complain but fuck them honestly if we know something needs to be done we need to take slow baby steps in recovering it. If it’s something to go on ik op brings it up but need to model what mk8d does sometimes since honestly it’s much better to be around then mkw just a more frustrating game what holds it back:

ace

hardstuck d5
Supporter
Team
VA
People will only say can in lounge because naturally it’s the only place to play and we have that embedded in our minds while it’s just there. I agree with Elmer we do need to eventually just one day we have to just delete lounge up to mods though even if it’s active and people will complain but fuck them honestly if we know something needs to be done we need to take slow baby steps in recovering it. If it’s something to go on ik op brings it up but need to model what mk8d does sometimes since honestly it’s much better to be around then mkw just a more frustrating game what holds it back:
that's the thing though, i don't think anything needs to be done.

i understand frustrations on the clans perspective because finding wars can be difficult but if people want lounge they'll play in lounge and i doubt it'll go away any time soon w/ the mmr system it has

Team
bomb
Well ace how come that the community is slowly dying since lounge came back then? I mean I believe lounge has to be killed because the community has became worse since lounge care up and I know many people does not like playing in there but just do it since it’s literally their only option.

ace

hardstuck d5
Supporter
Team
VA
Well ace how come that the community is slowly dying since lounge came back then? I mean I believe lounge has to be killed because the community has became worse since lounge care up and I know many people does not like playing in there but just do it since it’s literally their only option.
dying in what sense, there's basically a room happening in most tiers 24/7.

if the majority of the community hated lounge so much they'd easily have enough to go do wars all the time, lounge has 1k members so i doubt it's dead

Team
bomb
How come more people quit now than ever before? Owen is right about what he said and after speaking with plenty of people about this I can say that he’s completely right and if no one doesn’t do anything then this community won’t be alive for that much longer!

solve

Supporter
Sure, the community can be toxic and I know in lounge some people can be very discouraging to newer players because of their skill level. I do agree this needs to stop but making a twitter rant doesn’t change anything.

Team
bomb
Sure, the community can be toxic and I know in lounge some people can be very discouraging to newer players because of their skill level. I do agree this needs to stop but making a twitter rant doesn’t change anything.
I agree on that instead we should speak up and show that we want a change since I know many people want it otherwise they wouldn’t ask for it so much.

Owen

that's the thing though, i don't think anything needs to be done.

i understand frustrations on the clans perspective because finding wars can be difficult but if people want lounge they'll play in lounge and i doubt it'll go away any time soon w/ the mmr system it has
yeah it's frustrating but facts can't be hidden which is fine, point I will get across though is lounge can be a really frustrating place to be around and with it being only way to play nowadays it will drive people away from the game but rn it's a minority but should be kept track off. The clanning side of things needs fresher ideas as well honestly other then WL, EL isn't going to save it at all but something like a ranked round robin tournament would where each individual teams would have seeds based on their wl position which affects in ways groups are done on Saturdays/Sundays over 2 weeks things like that could maybe work out in the offseason for WL

Articuno

Love, although it fades, it never gives up on you.
WL Staff
Lounge Staff
Supporter
Team
EXO // βc
First of all the lounge has to be reformed or killed off because it brings toxic attitude to the community which has made plenty of people quit.
Lounge isn't the reason for people developing toxic attitudes. It's the people who play who rub off on others. People don't quit the game because of a different ranking system, they quit because they either get bored of the game, aren't having fun or just have better things to do.
And it also ruins clan chemistry and has even killed off some clans just because lounge is taking over.
Lounge doesn't ruin clan chemistry or kill clans. Not warring or playing together will 'ruin clan chemistry', lack of loyalty, inter team problems are what kill clans. Blaming it on a ranking system instead of the team itself is finding every excuse because it's easy to use, not because it's a reason.
I think it's impossible to save this community if the lounge isn't gone because what the lounge has brought here is kind of a disaster for the community. I've seen this for a long time unlike many people but I'm happy to see more people actually realizing this which is very important. People in the community talks so much about wanting changes but never act on it. The community won't change unless we decide to do it and then we need to act and not only talk.
If anything, lounge has brought more activity within the game at a higher level. Even without lounge, wars weren't happening as much. Lounge makes it so people can play themselves and put themselves in line-ups without needing a team. Wars are still happening even if it's the same teams that are playing, but that was what it was before lounge existed since people played other games like Fortnite.
Second of all I think we need to have stricter consequences for people who acts toxic in public chats since it feels like the staff are really weak when it comes to this. The toxic behavior is another thing that needs to be gone and the only way to do that is by introducing stricter consequences towards people with toxic behavior and show them that actions takes consequences.
It's the internet. People will act toxic if they wish since there aren't any real consequences except getting banned from a website or something. Yes, I agree that toxicity is not great for anyone but there are block buttons for a reason and able to report people to discord staff and mariokartboards staff. Most people also need to stop taking everything to heart and growing a pair. It's the internet, people will bash people because it's infront of a screen and you'll never meet these people. I don't like how it is, but that's how it is sometimes.
Imo just stop lounge and have more organized tournaments like have weekly ffa/2v2/3v3 ect on a time that doesn’t effect WL/EL and people can practice with wars the whole week when the tourneys aren’t happening. If anyone needs help or clarifications just hmu.
I feel like you'd have a different attitude about it if you weren't banned from lounge, but that's just an assumption. Nobody is stopping people from warring or organizing organized tournaments throughout the week. Even though WL happens and during the off-season EL tends to play, people still play and schedule around these kind of tournaments for their league matches because they want to participate in these kind of tournaments. Lounge still has some of these tournaments once in a while so it's not like they're completely dead.
Well ace how come that the community is slowly dying since lounge came back then?
Time
How come more people quit now than ever before?
Time + game being 10 years old.
yeah it's frustrating but facts can't be hidden which is fine, point I will get across though is lounge can be a really frustrating place to be around and with it being only way to play nowadays it will drive people away from the game but rn it's a minority but should be kept track off. The clanning side of things needs fresher ideas as well honestly other then WL, EL isn't going to save it at all but something like a ranked round robin tournament would where each individual teams would have seeds based on their wl position which affects in ways groups are done on Saturdays/Sundays over 2 weeks things like that could maybe work out in the offseason for WL
Clan scene won't grow unless stricter rules are given. That'd have to be that people can only be in one team at a time, subclans can't be a thing and that new teams cannot play in leagues. This would be the only way that teams work out otherwise teams are made every season, people will be jumping from team to team and the clan scene falls away (sorta like what happens). If that were to happen, then WL would need to be more strict with only main teams allowed in, teams that are made cannot play until they've been alive for x amount of months with y amount of wars done during a z time period. This being the main solution for anything to happen won't happen since this game is 10 years old and people just wanna hang out with their friends and lounge.

Trap

Team
SY
The fun in the Mario Kart Wii Community is playing the game how you want to play it and with the people you want to play it with. Now the majority of the players are in Lounge, where everyone is battling it out everyday to be on the top of some bullshit leaderboard, which earns you nothing but the guarantee that you will never get laid. You end up playing with people you don’t want to play with, playing the types of wars you don’t want to play, and following strict rules that make it completely boring. I feel like most people would rather not play in lounge, but choose to stay because they love the community and there aren’t really any other ways to play competitively besides trying to join one of the five clans that wars actively. Lounge should not be the base of the community.

Team
bomb
The fun in the Mario Kart Wii Community is playing the game how you want to play it and with the people you want to play it with. Now the majority of the players are in Lounge, where everyone is battling it out everyday to be on the top of some bullshit leaderboard, which earns you nothing but the guarantee that you will never get laid. You end up playing with people you don’t want to play with, playing the types of wars you don’t want to play, and following strict rules that make it completely boring. I feel like most people would rather not play in lounge, but choose to stay because they love the community and there aren’t really any other ways to play competitively besides trying to join one of the five clans that wars actively. Lounge should not be the base of the community.
Trap my bro you said the truth man! People are just playing in there because too many addicted lazy people can’t wait to play and then more people gets addicted to lounge. It’s basically an addiction since most people clearly says that they rather war but that there aren’t many other options than lounge.

Act

Supporter
Team
SY
alright its time, doubt anyone will even appreciate this (other than the 4 active clans which are MV, I$ Ap EU), but personally i am tired of warring the same teams every hour. to put this into perspective SY warred 40 (on the dot) times over break, and out of those 40, 18 of the wars were the teams i listed prior. I doubt lounge will ever be shut down, especially at this rate it seems theres a mogi going on 24/7 throughout the vast amount of tiers. the easiest thing i could propose is a lounge offseason for a few weeks, and to see how wars roll out again. as everyone can tell, d1 is constantly getting worse and worse with top tier players leaving the game. i cant say that lounge is to blame for this since t5 and 6 are pretty active. but to say the least warring the same teams over and over again is getting insanely repetitive and to the point where other teams are refusing to war each other. ive had my fair share in lounge with over 200 events but its just nothing in terms of fun, id much rather war with my friends than play a mogi, but sadly enough everyone loves an mmr based ladder over just a "casual war" . you all saw how clan lounge died within the first few weeks but its not staffs fault to blame since hardly any teams signed up. i guess you could say i just miss the variety wars once had and dont see it coming back any time soon until lounge is gone, which unfortunately it doesnt seem its going to die until mkw itself dies. i can not tell you the last time i have warred a d1 team outside of league other than the random vc or mw war and feel those will go down now that break is coming to an end. its just demotivating and seems like the entire community just wants to play lounge. now back to the lounge offseason, could just make a soft reset to mmr and shut down the tiers. nothing feels better than seeing clans coming back to wars or even just searching for that matter, the return of yn is a mini celebration in itself for the ct community. enough said please take this into some thought for the sake of the few clans struggling to war a variety.. its getting old. and yes i understand the other side of the arguement of people who say that lounge is fun, and its the “new wave” of mkw and i appreciate all of the hard work that everyone in staff has done to make it this far. tl;dr i doubt the staff will want to do an off season, but take this into some sort of consideration for the sake of the few teams still struggling to war// bring back how this game should be

Status
Not open for further replies.