• Staff apps are open! Interested? Read here for more information!
  • As of 17th December 2018, MarioKartBoards Staff have been in communication with Lounge Staff to enable any alting within a lounge environment to result in an indefinite site ban.
  • Embrace The Change is a LAN tournament intending to be located in Cambridge, England. It will have a focus on MK8DX but also an MKWii setup. Interested? Find out more here!
  • Exalt is a Mario Kart Wii themed LAN Tournament to be hosted in New York, USA. Interested in coming along? Find out all the information here!
  • Lacuna is a pay to play tournament on Mario Kart Wii happening May 25th. Interested? Find out more here!

Quick question from someone that's just getting into this...

So I started getting into MK Wii again, and I love it. I want to get back into speed running and time trials, only problem is I don't have my Wii anymore. I've been using the Dolphin emulator, which works pretty well but I'm not sure how legal it is. My question is do my times actually count on leaderboards and such if I'm on an emulator or do I need to go out and get a Wii again for my times to count?

Thanks,
Jack

Team
In$ane
Pretty sure people mainly TT on CTGP (CTGP YouTube Channel) because its like 100% legit without hacks or checkpoints.
Its also way easier to submit your time with CTGP , and u can check the information u would like to know (controller,time,strats,shroomless etc.)
I would recommend u to get a Wii with CTGP again.
GL!

EDIT : ah, and I dont think the will count it If u play over Dolphin, u can easily use checkpoints and TAS cheatcodes, so nobody can actually proof if its a right time.

OP
OP
jack8ttack
Pretty sure people mainly TT on CTGP (CTGP YouTube Channel) because its like 100% legit without hacks or checkpoints.
Its also way easier to submit your time with CTGP , and u can check the information u would like to know (controller,time,strats,shroomless etc.)
I would recommend u to get a Wii with CTGP again.
GL!

EDIT : ah, and I dont think the will count it If u play over Dolphin, u can easily use checkpoints and TAS cheatcodes, so nobody can actually proof if its a right time.
Thanks for letting me know! Is CTGP something I can get on a Wii or is it another emulator that just has more legitimacy?