• Hi there, welcome to the new site. As you can imagine, there are a very large amount of member accounts being created at the moment. If you are currently awaiting approval for your account and wondering why it's taking so long, sorry! It shouldn't take much longer. Each and every account needs to be manually approved, and it is largely dependent on how many staff are actively online to do that. Thanks for your patience.
  • If you were a supporter on the old forum and wish to reclaim your purple name, you do not need to re-purchase supporter status.
    Instead, please make a post here and include your old forum-name for reference, and your supporter role will then be transferred.

Site Layout and Design Changelog

Nozzles

going through the motions im dead inside
Supporter
NNID
Nozzles
This thread will be used as a means of posting any notable changes made to the general layout of the website. Changes may include theme updates and releases, new sections added, removed, or combined, as well as format changes to the website layout, such as padding adjustments.

Apart from updates posted by myself or staff, please feel free to give any feedback, good, bad, or constructive, that you believe would be beneficial in sharing pertaining to the updates that are released. I am currently the main person in charge of themes and the general look of the forum, so any opinions are welcome.

All updates will be in (MM/DD/YY) format:

Update (06/03/18):
  • Mario Kart Boards created
    The official forums are created, all headers, sections, and layout are established.

Update (06/05/18):
  • MKBoards Dark (Red Shell)
    A Dark theme for Mario Kart Boards featuring red accents and design.

Update (06/18/18):
  • MKBoards Light and Default Theme
    The official Mario Kart Boards default theme. A light/white theme featuring red and blue accents and design, with a colorful banner made by user @Rush.

Update (06/19/18):
  • MKBoards Dark (Blue Shell) and MKBoards Dark (Green Shell)
    Two Dark themes for Mario Kart Boards. As their names suggest, they feature blue and green accents and designs respectively.

• Avatar sizes increase from 92x92 to 155x155
    Enjoy larger avatar sizes.

Update (06/26/18):
  • Additional user group banners and roles created
    World Cup Staff, WL Staff, MKU Staff, and Banned user groups created, font-weight slightly increased.

Update (06/28/18):
  • Increased the width of the sidebar, slightly reduced the font-size
    This should slightly reduce the length of the sidebar, while making sections such as "Latest Posts" look a little nicer.
Update (07/01/18):
  • Removed 'Home' button
    The 'Home' button functioned the exact same way as the 'Forums' button.

• Username highlight changes
    Previously, when hovering your cursor over a username, only normal users would have their name highlighted. There was no effect when hovering your cursor over anyone whom belonged to a user group. This has now been changed.

• Mobile menu change
    A dark theme menu on mobile was also very difficult to read, colors have now been adjusted.

Update (07/02/18):
  • Tidied up "Followers Profile Post" box
    Stripped away a lot of the extra bits, tried to make it look a bit more simplistic and less page-stretching.
Update (08/26/18):
  • Twitter Box added to the sidebar
    Easily keep up with what's going on in the community, site news, tournaments, leagues, and more.

• Changes to stickied threads
    Stickied threads have been given a slight background-color change in order to help differentiate them from normal threads.

• Changes to page numbers (Light Theme)
    Page numbers on the light theme have been given a minor recolor as well as a darker border to help them stand out more, both in general and individually.

Update (08/30/18):
  • Forum banner is now clickable
    Conveniently return to the main page by clicking anywhere on the banner image.

• 'Best answer' posts color-change
    Posts which had received the status of 'best answer' in question-threads were previously unreadable on dark themes.
Update (09/06/18):
  • Updates to the Stream Tab
    Several visual updates to the stream tab - Online stream windows are now properly highlighted in the list, the stream container has been made darker on Dark Themes for easier viewing, tabs on the Light Theme have been adjusted for more consistency, etc.
Update (09/30/18):
  • Updates to themes
    Several small updates have been applied to all themes:
    Light Themes:
    - Block headers have been made thinner with slightly reduced text​
    - Sticky sections of thread lists have been changed to be more consistent​
    - "Post Thread..." button has been changed from orange to red for more consistency​
    - Spoiler tags and other buttons have been visually altered​
    Dark Themes:
    - Main Forum Banners have each been given a darker color respective of which theme you are on, rather than just black​
    - "New Posts" and "Post Thread..." buttons have been changed to be consistent with which theme you are on​
    I have saved all of the old properties, so if there are any problems at all with the new styles, it is easy to revert any changes.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Nozzles

Nozzles

Supporter
NNID
Nozzles
Additional user group banners and roles created
World Cup Staff, WL Staff, MKU Staff, and Banned user groups created, font-weight slightly increased.

Just as a side note: If you are an owner of one or more of these roles and banners on the previous site (mkboards), it will be transferred to your account here once the site "officially" goes live on July 1st. This includes the Supporter role, as well. You may notice some users already have the supporter role, that was a mistake on my part, sorry.

I appreciate your patience.

OP
OP
Nozzles

Nozzles

Supporter
NNID
Nozzles
Increased the width of the sidebar, slightly reduced the font-size
This should slightly reduce the length of the sidebar, while making sections such as "Latest Posts" look a little nicer.
Before:

After:

OP
OP
Nozzles

Nozzles

Supporter
NNID
Nozzles
Removed 'Home' button
The 'Home' button functioned the exact same way as the 'Forums' button.

Username highlight changes
Previously, when hovering your cursor over a username, only normal users would have their name highlighted. There was no effect when hovering your cursor over anyone whom belonged to a user group. This has now been changed.

Mobile menu change
A dark theme menu on mobile was also very difficult to read, colors have now been adjusted.
Before:

After:

OP
OP
Nozzles

Nozzles

Supporter
NNID
Nozzles
Tidied up "Followers Profile Post" box
Stripped away a lot of the extra bits, tried to make it look a bit more simplistic and less page-stretching.
Before:

After:

* This box only displays if you are following someone and they have made a profile comment somewhere

Renzo

Additional user group banners and roles created
Cool

Just as a side note: If you are an owner of one or more of these roles and banners on the previous site (mkboards), it will be transferred to your account here once the site "officially" goes live on July 1st. This includes the Supporter role, as well. You may notice some users already have the supporter role, that was a mistake on my part, sorry.

I appreciate your patience.

OP
OP
Nozzles

Nozzles

Supporter
NNID
Nozzles
Twitter Box added to the sidebar
Easily keep up with what's going on in the community, site news, tournaments, leagues, and more.

Changes to stickied threads
Stickied threads have been given a slight background-color change in order to help differentiate them from normal threads.

Changes to page numbers (Light Theme)
Page numbers on the light theme have been given a minor recolor as well as a darker border to help them stand out more, both in general and individually.

OP
OP
Nozzles

Nozzles

Supporter
NNID
Nozzles
Forum banner is now clickable
Conveniently return to the main page by clicking anywhere on the banner image.

'Best answer' posts color-change
Posts which had received the status of 'best answer' in question-threads were previously unreadable on dark themes.

OP
OP
Nozzles

Nozzles

Supporter
NNID
Nozzles
Updates to the Stream Tab
Several visual updates to the stream tab - Online stream windows are now properly highlighted in the list*, the stream container has been made darker on Dark Themes for easier viewing, tabs on the Light Theme have been adjusted for more consistency, etc.

* Some of these were a little messy to work with, so there's a chance some things may look off. I'll get to them when I can if that's the case.​

OP
OP
Nozzles

Nozzles

Supporter
NNID
Nozzles
Updates to themes
Several small updates have been applied to all themes:
Light Themes:
- "Post Thread..." button has been changed from orange to red for more consistency​
Dark Themes:
- Main Forum Banners have each been given a darker color respective of which theme you are on, rather than just black​
- "New Posts" and "Post Thread..." buttons have been changed to be consistent with which theme you are on​
I have saved all of the old properties, so if there are any problems at all with the new styles, it is easy to revert any changes.