• Hi there, welcome to the new site. As you can imagine, there are a very large amount of member accounts being created at the moment. If you are currently awaiting approval for your account and wondering why it's taking so long, sorry! It shouldn't take much longer. Each and every account needs to be manually approved, and it is largely dependent on how many staff are actively online to do that. Thanks for your patience.
  • If you were a supporter on the old forum and wish to reclaim your purple name, you do not need to re-purchase supporter status.
    Instead, please make a post here and include your old forum-name for reference, and your supporter role will then be transferred.

The Suggestions Thread

Nozzles

going through the motions im dead inside
Supporter
NNID
Nozzles
Half of my imgur links get autoformatted for absolutely no reason while some do not get autoformatted... (Check out my thread on small match hubs.) Is there way to make my imgur links clickable instead of trying to autoformat them into the post? Thank you.
This is due to a setting on Xenforo 2.0 that auto-embeds all "recognizable" media links; pictures, videos, etc. It has a limit set at 10, so if you are posting 11 or more recognizable picture/video links within one post, only the first 10 will be embedded, while the remaining ones will appear as just normal links. I post "recognizable" because it seems to be fairly specific in terms of which links (particularly image links) that Xenforo recognizes for some reason. Unfortunately, there is no way to set auto-embedding to only videos or only images; and the only other option is to turn auto-embedding for all media types off, altogether.

A workaround that I used for the GAMT thread was to set a unique name for each link, which causes it to not auto-embed, and allows for however many links to be posted freely without embedding annoyances. For example of what I'm talking about, the link I just posted appears as "GAMT" instead of "https://mariokartboards.com/threads/gamt-george-arvo-mark-toad.104/#post-605".

To do this, copy the URL of the image, and place it within url tags with a set name:
Such as: [ url=image link]-insert custom name here-[/ url] (remove spaces)
If you have questions or would like me to do this for you, feel free to chat me on Discord: Nozzles#5906

Though, if there's enough demand for auto-embedding to be disabled for all media types, that change can also be made if necessary. I'm just fairly hesitant to that option just for general simplicity's sake pertaining to most cases.

~Maidvelia❤~

Crescent-Rose Child
WL Staff
Supporter
Team
HD☆, U★
NNID
Maidvelia
Wiimmfi
4297-4674-3102
In my opinion, I think leaving it enabled is best, the hyperlinked text workaround shouldn't be too much of a hassle (good find btw).

mkwbenjamin

puǝƃǝl ʎuuᴉʞs
Supporter
Switch
2872-9308-0601
Wiimmfi
5117-0125-4985
Being able to attach more than five files to a post would be nice. There was allowance for more on mkboards and now I have to adjust my thread even more when trying to convert it to this site. It sounds like something minor but I feel like it would be a nice addition, if possible.

Nozzles

going through the motions im dead inside
Supporter
NNID
Nozzles
Being able to attach more than five files to a post would be nice. There was allowance for more on mkboards and now I have to adjust my thread even more when trying to convert it to this site. It sounds like something minor but I feel like it would be a nice addition, if possible.
I increased it to 10 attachments per message, it's now the same amount as on the other website.

NathanMKW

Team
Sε, Lλ, FD
Wiimmfi
4687-5176-4230
This isnt much of a suggestion, more of a question, in MKBoards there was the "Founding Member" rank. I guess thats awarded to people when the site opened? I guess? I dont know, anyways are we going to have that in this site when MKBoards shuts down?

hash1saladbowlcutirl

diagnosed with stage 4 terminal ligma
Supporter
make new accounts approved by email only, not by admin/moderator. what if the site were to get super popular overnight? what would you do?

Abaraik

The Irish Mark
Supporter
Team
Arcadia
This isnt much of a suggestion, more of a question, in MKBoards there was the "Founding Member" rank. I guess thats awarded to people when the site opened? I guess? I dont know, anyways are we going to have that in this site when MKBoards shuts down?
We're not going to have one on this site. Its an unnecessary banner as this is just an extension of the community as opposed to the start mkb had.

Abaraik

The Irish Mark
Supporter
Team
Arcadia
let me post threads without having to wait for some lazy ass mod to approve it
change the tab icon, the mario kart boards logo bears no resemblance to a golden mushroom

while you're on it, add more themes in general. i'm already bored of everything we've got.
bring back rectangular avatars
give the founding member banner to those who had it on the original mkboards
bring back the streams tab
make new accounts approved by email only, not by admin/moderator. what if the site were to get super popular overnight? what would you do?
No
Already been in discussion pre site going up, we're trying to find ways to change it
No
No
Will look into it
No
Already been looking at it too
No, makes alting too easy and we'll manage.

OP
OP
Stunky

Stunky

Triple OwO
Administrator
WL Staff
Supporter
Why not a rules page and a discord
Awarded Medals.
Rules Page: https://www.mariokartboards.com/link-forums/rules-and-terms-of-service.5/

Awarded medals we'd like to have but the medals system add-on on the older version of XenForo (our install was a good 4-5 years out of date at the time of this move) is incompatible with this version of our forum software and thus we're waiting to see if a better system comes out. Don't worry though, that one's on our list.

We've been looking in to a Discord on and off for some time now but from a current perspective we would lack the appropriate number of people to monitor and actively keep every single section moderated 24/7. We've had things like rules drafted out and all that stuff, but the implementation would be a large question mark and thus as of this point I can't confirm whether or not it's likely to happen, perhaps something for us to review once we've been able to build the staff team to a comfortable level (in size, experience, and even in terms of communication to other community groups, given we were shook quite a significant amount over the summer).

Good ideas though, if you do have any more ideas and/or assistance on what we have, feel free to reply or contact a member of our staff.