• Our next site-ran tournament, a Holiday 2v2 FFA for Mario Kart Wii, is now open for signups! Please see this thread for more information.

The Suggestions Thread

oh and fix the edit button that doesnt work on my chromebook, i have to do it on my phone

That's a plugin so may cost some money, but we've already had that listed as one to look in to when finances are available.
ill beg my mom to donate

NNID
SoporificSG
Wiimmfi
0263-7013-2101
Rules Page: https://www.mariokartboards.com/link-forums/rules-and-terms-of-service.5/

Awarded medals we'd like to have but the medals system add-on on the older version of XenForo (our install was a good 4-5 years out of date at the time of this move) is incompatible with this version of our forum software and thus we're waiting to see if a better system comes out. Don't worry though, that one's on our list.

We've been looking in to a Discord on and off for some time now but from a current perspective we would lack the appropriate number of people to monitor and actively keep every single section moderated 24/7. We've had things like rules drafted out and all that stuff, but the implementation would be a large question mark and thus as of this point I can't confirm whether or not it's likely to happen, perhaps something for us to review once we've been able to build the staff team to a comfortable level (in size, experience, and even in terms of communication to other community groups, given we were shook quite a significant amount over the summer).

Good ideas though, if you do have any more ideas and/or assistance on what we have, feel free to reply or contact a member of our staff.
I would be willing to be a discord moderator and do stuff like that

Discord: SoporificGamer#9642

Lexxeh

magical girl
Supporter
I feel a huge issue right now, as stated by some members of the community, is activity and encouraging players to register.

I would like to see some events done that are specifically for the forums and don't require members to turn on a console to participate. I've had quite a few ideas in mind that I would love to one day see implemented, as I see we can only benefit from it as a community.

With that said, maybe get more than just a "moderation" team for the forums and an events team too? People that can brainstorm on how to keep people logging on while also expressing their creativity.

I know this is extremely brief but I felt it wouldn't be appropriate to be rambling on about what we can do if the general idea itself could potentially be shot down.

PhoenixRiku

Supporter
We've been looking in to a Discord on and off for some time now but from a current perspective we would lack the appropriate number of people to monitor and actively keep every single section moderated 24/7. We've had things like rules drafted out and all that stuff, but the implementation would be a large question mark and thus as of this point I can't confirm whether or not it's likely to happen, perhaps something for us to review once we've been able to build the staff team to a comfortable level (in size, experience, and even in terms of communication to other community groups, given we were shook quite a significant amount over the summer).
-You currently have 6 strictly moderation staff members (this isn't including the extreme amount of league staff members who also have moderator powers on parts of forum and discords).
-You have 1,767 members registered on this boards.

If we take the worst ratio saying you only have those 6 as moderators and every single person on this board joins the discord, you have a 1 moderator to 294.5 users.

Which at first glance people are like "yeah that is totally way out of line", when the reality is thats actually pretty accurate for most discords, extremely large discord communities (10,000+ member discords) actually will typically operate at 1 moderator to anywhere from 500-1,000 users ratio, which is significantly higher than your ratio, some more middle sized ones can get quite low and be like 1 moderator to 200 users which still isn't completely out of the realm you guys are at.

Once again that is taking your worst ratio numbers and assuming you guys don't have more discord moderators / have moderators for specific sections and assuming everyone registered joined the discord.

You can also deduce that it wouldn't be even remotely that active due to the average post per member count being 5.85 which honestly probably includes some where between 30-40% just being a table + some "GGs" after it. Also not including the registration section which contributes a significant portion of post count.

ace

hardstuck d5
Supporter
Team
VA
I wouldn't see the point of having a discord server for a community which seems to have already been split in two games wise.

The "Official Wiimmfi" discord I was in before when I moderated it was quite dead itself back then, there's just not really anything to talk about.

There's already plenty of looking for racers / war chat discords as well as the lounge discord, there just wouldn't be anything to talk about in my opinion. It wouldn't exactly be a lack of staff members being the problem, just a lack of meaningful topics to split the discord into.

Is there any way to view a list of every registered member on this site? I ask because I can't find it. I didn't see this when I clicked the Members tab at the top. If there isn't a list showing all the registered users, then I'd like to suggest that this become a thing. The old MKBoards had this, so why is this site lacking this feature?

OP
OP
Stunky

Stunky

Triple OwO
Administrator
WL Staff
EL Staff
Supporter
Is there any way to view a list of every registered member on this site? I ask because I can't find it. I didn't see this when I clicked the Members tab at the top. If there isn't a list showing all the registered users, then I'd like to suggest that this become a thing. The old MKBoards had this, so why is this site lacking this feature?
Simple answer being it wasn't enabled for whatever reason upon setup. There may have been an extra reason (for example with a large member list enabling it can lead to performance issues), but for now I've enabled it and you can hopefully check it at https://www.mariokartboards.com/members/list/

Thanks for the suggestion, if you have any more questions about features or anything we may have forgotten to enable please let us know.

Rush

Save the Earth; Kill the People
Team
Untouchables
I feel a huge issue right now, as stated by some members of the community, is activity and encouraging players to register.

I would like to see some events done that are specifically for the forums and don't require members to turn on a console to participate. I've had quite a few ideas in mind that I would love to one day see implemented, as I see we can only benefit from it as a community.

With that said, maybe get more than just a "moderation" team for the forums and an events team too? People that can brainstorm on how to keep people logging on while also expressing their creativity.

I know this is extremely brief but I felt it wouldn't be appropriate to be rambling on about what we can do if the general idea itself could potentially be shot down.
This is one thing I exactly stated that I want to do if I was adding back onto site staff. Please contact me @Rakuzan#9388, Im curious to hear what your ideas are.

Simple answer being it wasn't enabled for whatever reason upon setup. There may have been an extra reason (for example with a large member list enabling it can lead to performance issues), but for now I've enabled it and you can hopefully check it at https://www.mariokartboards.com/members/list/

Thanks for the suggestion, if you have any more questions about features or anything we may have forgotten to enable please let us know.
Sweet, thank you.