• As of 17th December 2018, MarioKartBoards Staff have been in communication with Lounge Staff to enable any alting within a lounge environment to result in an indefinite site ban.
  • Embrace The Change is a LAN tournament intending to be located in Cambridge, England. It will have a focus on MK8DX but also an MKWii setup. Interested? Find out more here!
  • Exalt is a Mario Kart Wii themed LAN Tournament to be hosted in New York, USA. Interested in coming along? Find out all the information here!

What is your all-time favourite soundtrack from a video game?

Loic228

Team
Yoshi Family
Switch
2198-9145-3319
Top 5 :

Uncharted is one of my favourite video game series, very dissapointed by this awful last episode, but this title theme will always give me goosebumps.

Gentleman. Love those games so much.

Huge game.

Suuuuuper Mariooo Galaxyy.

EDIT : Forgot one :whistle:

Piano song :

I play piano in my freetime, therefore I obviously like piano song in video games.

This game is fucking amazing.
Classic but effective choice.

Songs :

Last edited:
Team
EQ, AM, 00I, SA
Wiimmfi
1593-4209-3300
I posted about this on the old boards; since I've had a lot of time to think about that post, I'm going to be a little more exhaustive this time!

As a player who is passionate about video game music and listens to it almost every day even when I'm not playing a game, this is my topic.
There's way too many good choices to put on here, so...

1. Donkey Kong Country 2

All three games in this trilogy have breathtaking soundtracks, so I had to pick one to lead the way and it was tight. David Wise is a truly brilliant composer; his music puts you in the game. Stickerbush Symphony and Forest Interlude alone are worth the price of admission.

2. Donkey Kong Country 3

Eveline Novakovic presents a blend of natural and industrial ambience here with a somewhat dark tone which can nonetheless be oddly relaxing at times.

3. Banjo Kazooie

Why do I hum the music to this game from time to time? Does it resonate with me or something? The entire game is about music if you think about it, so therefore it must have a strong soundtrack. Each level's theme even varies based on where you go within the level (it changes if you go underwater for example). Grant Kirkhope really had the chance to shine here.

4. Star Fox Adventures

This game is rather polarizing and plenty of people hate it, but IMO David Wise did his level best to create an ambient experience which parallels the atmosphere of the game and I believe he succeeded.

5. Super Mario Galaxy

This game has its fair share of atmospheric music too, because Mario is in space. One wouldn't think the idea of Mario in space would work, but it does! To me it provides the feeling of floating through the stars on a crisp clear night. Mahito Yokota actually composed most of the music, but the legendary Koji Kondo helped.

Nozzles

Going through the motions
Supporter
NNID
Nozzles
I posted about this on the old boards; since I've had a lot of time to think about that post, I'm going to be a little more exhaustive this time!

As a player who is passionate about video game music and listens to it almost every day even when I'm not playing a game, this is my topic.
There's way too many good choices to put on here, so...

1. Donkey Kong Country 2

All three games in this trilogy have breathtaking soundtracks, so I had to pick one to lead the way and it was tight. David Wise is a truly brilliant composer; his music puts you in the game. Stickerbush Symphony and Forest Interlude alone are worth the price of admission.

2. Donkey Kong Country 3

Eveline Novakovic presents a blend of natural and industrial ambience here with a somewhat dark tone which can nonetheless be oddly relaxing at times.

3. Banjo Kazooie

Why do I hum the music to this game from time to time? Does it resonate with me or something? The entire game is about music if you think about it, so therefore it must have a strong soundtrack. Each level's theme even varies based on where you go within the level (it changes if you go underwater for example). Grant Kirkhope really had the chance to shine here.

4. Star Fox Adventures

This game is rather polarizing and plenty of people hate it, but IMO David Wise did his level best to create an ambient experience which parallels the atmosphere of the game and I believe he succeeded.

5. Super Mario Galaxy

This game has its fair share of atmospheric music too, because Mario is in space. One wouldn't think the idea of Mario in space would work, but it does! To me it provides the feeling of floating through the stars on a crisp clear night. Mahito Yokota actually composed most of the music, but the legendary Koji Kondo helped.
This is actually super close to what I would have posted had I made a different list than the one I made on the previous page. Would have also included Banjo Kazooie had I done a top 6 instead. Was not expecting to see anyone list Adventures either! I’m also part of the minority of people who didn’t hate that game. It’s a shame, because like you said, it does have a great soundtrack. My old custom music pack from MKW had at least 3 or 4 songs from Adventures on it lol.

McMurphy

Supporter
Team
Shellslingers
NNID
McMurphy78
Switch
4985-2181-5316
Jeez, I know it isn't the best soundtrack, but my personal favorite one due to being connected to fond memories would have to be Castlevania III: Dracula's Curse. Great for the NES era, and I thought it was really cool that it had a secret menu that let you flip through the various music tracks while on the main menu.

Switch
1187-3106-8423
The following (all Touhou Project):

【東方幻想郷】
幻想郷〜Lotus Land Story Gensoukyou ~ Lotus Land Story (title screen theme)
Witching Dream (stage 1 theme if played as Reimu)
紅響曲〜Scarlet Phoneme Scarlet Symphony ~ Scarlet Phoneme (stage 2 boss theme, Kurumi)
Bad Apple!! (stage 3 theme)

【東方怪綺談】
Dream Express (stage 1 theme)
Romatic Children (stage 3 theme)

【東方紅魔郷】
妖魔夜行 Apparitions Stalk the Night (stage 1 boss theme, Rumia)
おてんば娘 Tomboyish Daughter (stage 2 boss theme, Cirno)
亡き王女の為のセプテット Septette for a Dead Princess (stage 6 boss theme, Remilia Scarlet)
U.N.オーエンは彼女なのか? U.N. Owen was her? (stage EXTRA boss theme, Flandre Scarlet)

【東方妖々夢】
無何有の郷~Deep Mountain Paradise ~ Deep Mountain (stage 1 theme)
ティアオイエツォン(withered leaf) Diao Ye Zong (withered leaf) (stage 2 boss, Chen)

【東方永夜抄】
懐かしき東方の血~Old World Nostalgic Blood of the East ~ Old World (stage 3 theme)
恋色マスタースパーク Love Colour Master Spark (stage 4 powerful boss, Marisa Kirisame)

【東方風神録】
神々が恋した幻想郷 The Gods that loved Gensoukyou (stage 3 theme)
少女が見た日本の原風景 The Young Girl that saw the earliest scene of Gensoukyou (stage 5 theme)
信仰は儚き人間の為に For the sake of short lived human faith (stage 5 boss theme, Sanae Kochiya)
明日ハレの日,ケの昨日 Tomorrow Will Be Special, Yesterday Was Not (stage EXTRA theme)
ネイティブフェイス Native Faith (stage EXTRA boss theme, Suwako Moriya)

Team
VB ~ Victoria Bitters / R⭐️ ~ Redemption
Not very original but Brawl and Xenoblade Chronicles have really good soundtracks overall. I will agree that SMG music is amazing as well.

Last edited:
NNID
CheveyoWolf
Switch
4927-5930-8685
It's kind of hard for me to choose my favorite video game soundtrack (since it changes on my mood) but I do I have consistent Top 5 Music I like.

1. Gran Turismo (series)
Ok I lied the Gran Turismo soundtracks as always been my favorite, (theres a reason I download the entire soundtrack and listen to it while driving) most of the time I end up dancing/grooving to the music and it gets me focused when I play solo in video games. Btw theres a new variation of Moon over the Castle in each GT game but the GT2 version is my favorite but all of them are pretty good in there own right

2. Megaman Zero 3
Its hard to choose my favorite soundtrack from this game but the final boss music in this game has always stuck in my head when i think of the Zero series

3. Ace Combat 4
The combination of orchestra and symphonic rock has always been a beautiful combination and this music as well as this game exposed to that kind of music genre and I love it for thar

4. Mario Tennis
I dont know why but Mario Sports games have an odd way of sticking to me but this soundtrack from mario tennis is one of my favorites, is just a shame the AI was too easy

5. F-Zero X
If there ever is a racing game or video game I can rock out 24/7 its definitely F-Zero X, the music always gets me pumped for racing, even to the point I replaced MK8U soundtrack with F-Zero