• Staff are currently aware of users being unable to register for the site; we are deeply sorry and working fast to help to fix it. Join the official MKB discord server here, make a support ticket, and provide your preferred email and username.
  • Donate to keep our site running in the future. For more information, click here
  • MarioKartBoards Media Outlets: YouTube // Twitch // 2nd Twitch // Twitter

Why does my Elgato randomly disconnect and reconnect?

Connor

Supporter
Team
EXO | aboo
Wiimmfi
2239-3843-9741
First off, thanks for reading and trying to help.

The issue is I'll open Streamlabs OBS and activate my Elgato source, and it will connect to my TV like usual and display on the PC screen. But after a few minutes or seconds, at random times, it'll just disconnect and reconnect in the space of a second without me touching any cables.

When it does this it causes my TV screen to go black for like 5-10 seconds (to revert to my HDMI display rather than my Streamlabs display) and it means that I have to go into my Elgato source and deactivate/reactivate it again (just for it to happen again, like a cycle), so it's really inconvenient. If I don't reactivate it in the settings, it will forever stay on the "No Signal / Wait a Moment..." screen until I activate it. It doesn't fix automatically sadly.

Just for the record, I've tried unplugging and re-plugging all of my cables multiple times. I haven't tried re-installing things, I could do that as a last resort, but I don't really want to.

I can't see why it's doing this, and fyi this was also never a problem until recently, I used to stream for months with no problems so I'm baffled.

Any input is appreciated :)

Edit:

Here's a clip of it happening on stream a few days ago

Last edited:
OP
Connor

Connor

Supporter
Team
EXO | aboo
Wiimmfi
2239-3843-9741
Thread Starter #2
Small bump because this is still happening and I would really like to try and find a fix before MKPS starts, if I don't, it'll be too risky to stream matches :(